26

Kennedy's POV

"I-" the door bursts open , a woman screaming . I jump and as the woman runs forward towards me I realize she's my mother , she hugs me tightly "mum what are you-" she cuts me off and starts shouting at the interrogator and I wince at her loud voice .

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ? HUH ?" she shouts still hugging me tightly "I AM MARISSA SANTIAGO , OWNER OF WORLD KNOWN MAGAZINE SEVENTEEN"

"LET MY DAUGHTER GO , I CAN THROW ALL OF YOU IN PRISON WITH JUST A PHONE CALL"

"Ma'am if you would just-"

"IF I WOULD JUST WHAT ? , I'M NOT LEAVING HERE WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER"

When she finally stops screaming and stays silent , the officers in the room try to explain to her . "Ma'am , your daughter is a suspect on the kidnapping of Shawn Mendes" , my mum looks at them and laughs "you mean you kept my daughter because you think she kidnapped , what was the name again ?" .

"Shawn Mendes" the officer replies looking confused as to why she's laughing . "My daughter would never do anything like that" my mum replies with so much faith in her voice , I start to feel guilty because she trusts me so much.

"We found Shawn Mendes himself in a basement at the house she was staying and he's in the hospital right now" the officer retorts . "It doesn't necessarily mean she kidnapped him" my mum replies and the officer raises an eyebrow at her.

"She was about to answer our questions before you barged in" the interrogator says for the first time since my mum came in. "Perfect , continue asking her the questions" she smiles and the officers look at each other and one of them says "Ma'am you can't be in here while she answers the questions" .

"She's my daughter , I gave birth to her after keeping her in stomach for 9 months filled with pain , I DESERVE to be here" she literally growls at them and they nod at her quickly and she smiles satisfied that she got what she wanted.

The other officers walk out and my mum pushes me to the chair and stands behind me with her hands on my shoulders , the interrogator clasps his hands and puts them on the table and I gulp nervously.

"Miss Kennedy Santiago , did you or did not kidnap Shawn Mendes ?" he asks again staring into my eyes ,making me feel like he's looking at my soul.

My mum shakes my shoulders telling me to answer the question , "I did not kidnap Shawn Mendes" I try to sound confident but sound scared instead , he raises his eyebrow at me .

"Are you a fan of Mr Mendes ?" he continues with the questions

"Yes , I am"

"Have you met him before ?"

"I met him once at a cafe through my friend's boyfriend"

"Is your friend here to confirm that ?"

I shake my head no

"So , Miss Santiago you claim that you didn't kidnap Mr Mendes and that you've only met him once right ?"

"Yes"

"How do you explain Mr Mendes found unconscious in your basement ?"

"I can't explain that" I lie

"And why is that ?"

"Because I don't know how he got there "

"He was in your basement , how didn't you know someone was in there ?"

"I don't go into the basement , I don't keep anything that I use there"

The interrogator goes silent staring at me with empty eyes , "are you done now ?" my mum snaps. The interrogator nods at her and stands up , walking out. My mum pulls me up and drags me outside , "can I take my daughter home now ?" .

"Yes , but since she's a suspect she's under house arrest" my mum nods and she starts pulling me out the door but I stop , "what about my friends ?" I ask the officers .

"They're allowed to go once bail is paid" and I furrow my eyebrows "why ?" , "they were there with you , they're suspects too" the officer replies.

I look at my mum and she groans "no Kennedy" , "please ?" I beg . "Fine , these people better be worth it" she walks to the officers and asks how much the bail is , they give her the amount and she pulls out a cheque book from her maroon handbag while one of the officers goes to open the cell they kept Emily and Corbyn .

They both rush out and Emily runs to me hugging me , "why are we getting released ?" Corbyn asks . "My mum , she's the CEO of a huge magazine and somehow she found out but we're all on house arrest" I reply tiredly and he nods.

My mum walks back to us after giving the cheque to the officers , "my name is Corbyn Besson ma'am" Corbyn introduces himself first , "I'm Emily Corano Mrs Santiago" Emily smiles putting her hand out and my mum shakes her hand.

"Let's go" My mum walks in front of us heading to the car , more like Jeep though . I've got to ask her how she knew I was here .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUYS HIII.

O MY GOSH IT'S BEEN SO LONG.

I'M SORRY.

THIS IS PROBABLY THE LONGEST CHAPTER IN THE BOOK , IT'S 1034 WORDSSS AND I USUALLY WRITE 800 OR 900 WORDS.

Y'ALL SHOULD BE PROUD OF MEEEE .

IT TOOK ME AN HOUR TO GET THIS DONE.

ALSO I'M HAPPY CAUSE I FINALLY GOT TO TALK TO MY BESTFRIEND AFTER NOT SEEING HER FOR 3 MONTHS AND NOT TALKING TO HER FOR 2 MONTHS LIKE YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM THAT I TALKED TO MY BESTFRIEND AND WROTE THIS CHAPTER .

I MISS MY BESTFRIEND SO MUCH. I WOULD SHOUT HER OUT HERE BUT SHE'S NOT ON WATTPAD BUT SHE LOVES TO READ LIKE MEEE.

I'm talking too much now , I'll try to update more often okay ?

Thank you guys so much for the reads and the ranks , I love you guys so much.

Love Y'all <3

- Star