#16 Fallen Angel?

A midnight phone call started the whole mess. From Leon Bowen a.k.a Garcia.

The billionaire changed his last name from Bowen into Garcia few years back. John couldn't blame him. Not after what his late father did to Leon.

"Yes, Leon? You know what time is it?" asks John angrily.

"Need help. Angel had an accident..."

"Where?"

"We are at your hospital now..."

The phone call ended.

John rubs his face. His hospital is a mental hospital. Leon took his wife to his hospital and not ordinary hospital.

(Why? Something is amiss here...)

Marianne is still sleeping like a baby. John decides not to wake her up. He changes his clothes and leaves his home.

Leon won't call him unless it's very important.

*****

"Let me get this straight...Angel drunk and drove last night. And her car hit someone?" asks John.

It's already 1 AM in the morning.

Leon replies, "That's correct."

"You should call the police. Not me."

"We did. The man's condition is stable. We managed to keep the press sniffing this case. The problem is the man himself," says Leon coolly.

John asks, "What about him?"

The patient looks normal to him. He could walk without aid. Right now he is looking around the hospital.

 Right now he is looking around the hospital

(Patient ???)

Leon replies, "This guy got no wallet or ID card. The police believed he has been robbed prior to the accident. Angel stated he just fell down out of nowhere. Alone. It's too late to avoid him."

John protests, "She's drunk, Leon. Can't trust her statement."

"I would believe her story anytime," says the doting husband.

"So? His finger prints..." says John.

"Not registered in the system. Either he's an illegal immigrant or out of this world."

John asks, "Alien?"

"Fallen angel. That's what my wife said."

John chuckles.

He finally asks, "Seriously? I know he looks weird. But..."

"Amnesia. He couldn't remember who he is. Or even his name."