#13 Jack the Ripper?

"Jack the ripper, a serial killer in Victorian era (1888). He was believed to kill 5 whores, probably even more. Disemboweled them sadistically. The ripper was never captured. His identity remained a mystery until today."

John Jameson stops searching Google.

(The question remains. Why would a police officer, Sergeant Liam Nixon wants to talk about Jack the Ripper?)

"It's simple, Doc. I want to enlist your help to catch Jack the Ripper," says the Sergeant.

He is above Forty years old. Bulky figure. First glance, you would think he's a bouncer for a night club. Not a police officer.

He has many tattoos on both arms. John must have stared to his tattoos a bit too long. The man lowers down his sleeves and then he says, "Remnants from the past. Used to work as undercover officer."

"I see. The killer might have died last century. I don't understand..."

"There have been murders in NY lately, Doc. Whores killed in cold blood. We have been trying to stop press from printing anything. Sooner or later, one of them would sniff the bloody news."

"Murders?" asks John. "Jack the Ripper style. We haven't caught the copycat killer yet."

Copycat murderers aren't that rare. They usually copied legendary killers from the past.

John protests, "I know nothing about police investigation!" "But you're familiar with crazy folks. That's your specialty, Doc. Just follow me to crime scenes. I need this big case."

"Why?" asks John. Liam replies, "Simple. I must crack few big cases. To secure my path to be a chief one day. I won't let a woman on top of me forever."

John remembered the present Chief is a woman. This police officer is harboring grudge toward her. And he doesn't even bother to conceal his hatred.

Liam puts down some cases files on the desk. He orders, "Study them. Tomorrow we shall hunt Jack the Ripper down. Clear your schedule for 3-4 days."

"But..." "No arguments. You want more whores got killed?"

John is silent. Finally he asks, "How do you know they're whores?" "Cheap women. You could identify them easily."

This man isn't only harboring grudges to his chief. He seems to hate all women.

John asks, "Are you a gay?" "No. What? You got horny on me. Want me to fill up your asshole?" "Jesus, no! I'm just wondering." "No, Doc. I love pussy. That's all you needed to know from me."

The arrogant police officer has left his office. John knows a sociopath when he sees one. He might be wearing a badge. But he is still a sociopath.

Sergeant Liam Nixon got manipulative behaviors (forcing John to assist him).

He showed lack emphati for the victims. And he is one reckless, risk taking guy. John remembered Liam went up, climbing a tall building to catch a criminal. As if he's a talented parkour athlete.

John really dislikes him. It doesn't anything to do when he saw Liam talking to Marianne earlier at waiting room. Asking her for a date. All those superficial charms. Focused on her.

*****

"Shit! You woke me up in 1 AM for what? Stalking some whores?" protests John irritatedly. Liam asks, "You don't care for them? Neither am I. Life sucks. That's all," says Liam coolly.

Showing lack of guilt. This guy is definitely a sociopath. No emphati. No guilt.

John asks, "You know what's the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?" "I got a feeling you would tell me anyway, Doc."