#8 Why it went wrong?

(What went wrong? I only came here to celebrate graduation...)

That's the last thing in her mind before she faints. Drifting away from the cruel reality. Not knowing anymore when another man raped her.

*****

The man sneered wickedly. When he got into her. The other man was holding her hands down. She struggled hard but her strength was a lot weaker than those men.

"Stop! No! Don't!" pleads her desperately. The men were laughing in unison as if her pleas amused them.

She got awakened from the nightmare. She kept having these repeated nightmares after she got raped at the beach. By multiple men.

Now she's trapped in this psychiatrist ward. Alone.

That weird guy comes in again. She shudders and crawls to the furthest corner from him.

John Jameson sighs. Still no sign of improvement. It has been a month since she got raped at the beach. And it has been a week since she was moved here.

Patient name: Joanna Prescott
Age:19 years old.
Occupation: Just finish high school. Planning to go to college.

She was celebrating her graduation with some friends in the beach that night. She got so drunk, she was separated from her friends. Her drunk friends were looking for her. But they were drunk and disoriented too. So the progress was very slow.

Some men took advantage of a drunk teenager girl, alone at the beach. They raped Joanna. Left her afterwards. She nearly died from the multiple rape.

John sits down on the floor. He asks, "How are you doing, Joanna?"

She is still cowering in that corner like a wounded animal.

After that night, she's afraid of all men. Including her brothers and father. She's afraid of them too.

She refused to speak to anyone. Just using a blanket to shield herself from the world. Her parents aren't rich folks. They could never afford any treatment in a psychiatrist hospital. They just kept her at home. Locked her up in her bedroom.

When John reads the news, he offered them free treatment in his hospital.

John sighs. He says, "Joanna, I know you're afraid. Those men raped you that night. Leaving deep emotional scars in your heart."

Still no answer from her.

John asks, "You enjoyed getting raped, Joanna?" Still no response from her.

John says, "I don't. It's great humiliation. Made me felt like a gigolo. Used for sex. Made me felt dirty. Ashamed. Broken goods."

"You know nothing about rape!" yells her angrily. She grabs the plastic food tray and starts hitting John with it. John never tries to stop her. He just let her beat him for a while.

Sure, it hurts. But it's the first time she shows other feelings beside fear. Rage.

Joanna weeps a little and then tosses the tray away. Back to her corner. Using the blanket to shield herself again.

John says, "Don't keep it inside. I know you're angry, Joanna. Just yell it out. Scream out your frustrations."

"Shut up! Don't speak like an old friend to me! You know nothing about rape!"

John chuckles. He says, "I've been raped few months ago. Didn't you see the news, Joanna? My name is Dr. John Jameson. An old friend of mine, a mad and deluded woman kept me hostage for a fortnight. Using me as her sex slave."