Chapter 7

I felt my face soften as I looked him in his eyes. I studied his facial features, the first thing I noticed about him is his eyes. I have his eyes, Those thin almond shaped ass eyes.

"I promised myself a long time ago that if I ever met you, I'd slap fire from yo ass," I trailed off.

"Honestly, I wouldn't blame y---

Smack!

I cut him off, letting my hand go across his face.

"You wouldn't blame me? Good! Stay the fuck away from me!" I yelled.

"I can't do that Adrian! I'm sorry for everything, but I can't just let you slip away,"

"Nigga you chose this shit! You left us!"

"Adrian, Please. Just hear me out."

"I don't wanna hear you. Just leave me alone." I said walking into the building. Of course he followed behind me.

"How's your mom? How's Shawniece?" He asked.

"Why you care all of a sudden? You never visited, called, or shit.. even wrote a damn letter. Now you wanna ask some shit about them? Fuck you."

"When you called me a while back, you said you were in college cause you got a scholarship for basketball," he trailed off

Does he not get it? Was slapping his ass not enough?

"Muthafucka you see I'm clearly pregnant. No, I'm not hoopin no more if that's what you finna ask." I growled.

"Adrian, its not gone be easy to get back in the game,"

"You don't think I know that?" I snapped "What? You think I should've gotten an abortion? You think I should give her up?" I asked

"I didn't say that, I'm just sa----

"Unlike you, I'm not gone run from my muthafuckin responsibilities. So if I can't play basketball, sucks for me." I shrugged. My father sighed and folded his arms across his chest.

"I can help you Adrian, if you let me."

"You? Help me? I'm 19 now, don't you think it's a tad bit late to try to help me? Where were you when we ain't have no damn heat or water? Or no fucking food? Where the fuck were you then?"

"I'll be willing to answer your questions, in a more private place." He said looking around awkwardly. I'd forgotten we had even walked in the doctors office, people looked at us, watching us like we were a soap opera on tv.

"No thank you Chaz." I rolled my eyes.

"Please, I wanna give you, Angelina, and Shawniece an appropriate apology." He said

"They don't even live here."

"Where do they live?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Same place you left them." I said smartly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once I got my prescription, I headed back out in the parking lot, which Chaz came following right behind me.

"You not gone leave me the fuck alone are you?" I asked

"If I told you I could possibly help you still play basketball once you have the baby, would you want me to leave you alone?"

I thought for a second and ran my hand down my stomach a couple of times. I mean I can't give up, especially knowing this nigga can possibly help me. At least he claims so.