Chapter 16

When we pulled up to this gorgeous house, my mouth dropped. I knew he was living good, I always figured he did, but damn.

"Nice huh?" He chuckled. All I did was nod my head, remembering where I come from and just knowing he was living in a nice ass house while I was out putting my life on the line for the family he left, I was starting to become envious, and I was getting pissed off.

I stepped out of the car and followed behind Chaz as he unlocked the door. I shouldn't have did this shit by myself. Even though Shawnie and I aren't on the best terms, I wish she was here with me. I would've been a little bit more comfortable.

When I walked into the house behind Chaz, the smell coming from the kitchen was so lovely. I hope whatever we were eating tasted as good as it smelled. I looked at a few pictures of chaz holding two baby girls. Chaz was very handsome when he was younger, I see why my ma fell for em. Even now, he's handsome.

"Babe?" Chaz called

"I'm in here," a lady answered from somewhere in the house. Chaz took of his jacket and hung it up. I did the same and followed him into the dining room. A small, petite woman was sitting mashed potatoes on the table, next to some other dishes. She had on a beige sweater, black jeans, and beige moccasins.

She seemed like she was taking her time to look up at me. But I wasted no time looking her over and comparing her to my mama. She was nice looking, but she wasnt fucking with moms. Chaz must've saw something within her other than her looks and shit. I always heard people say looks don't matter, I learned the hard way with Anthony that a cute face don't always match it's personality.

"Hey, I'm Kathy." The woman said finally looking up at me. She gave me a small smile but I could tell she aint want me there.

"I'm Adrian." I said. I didn't smile at her or anything, I wasn't gone return the same fake ass smile she gave me.

"Dinner is ready, Chaz you get Adrian seated while I go get the kids."

I looked over at Chaz as he sat down at the table. He gestured for me to sit next to him. It was quiet while we waited for them to come downstairs, so Chaz stirred up a conversation.

"My mom wanted to meet you, but she's gone on a casino trip."

"Oh, I don't mind meeting her some other time"

"Listen, they're gonna have a lot to ask you, but if you don't feel comfortable answering something you'd don't have to" Chaz said, almost as if he was warning me

"Don't worry chaz, I know how to handle myself. I wish they'd bring they ass though, I'm hungry" I complained

About two minutes later, a girl came downstairs cheesing like she'd just got the best news of her life. She was really pretty, and had beautiful eyes, her lips were full and plump, and her skin didn't have a blemish.

"I'm Tyla," she waved as she sat down across from me. "What's your name?"

"I'm Adrian."

"Nice to meet you Adrian." She smiled. I smiled back at her. Now her, she seemed excited to meet me. And her smile was genuine. Seconds later, a girl came into the dining room and sat next to Tyla. She didn't say anything to me, she just stared at me. And I stared right the fuck back.

"Nyla, you aint gone speak?"

"No. She in my house, why she can't speak first?" Nyla rolled her eyes. I just shook my head and laughed.

"Nyla why you gotta be gettin' smart?" Tyla asked annoyed

Tyla and Nyla were twins. Identical actually. If their hair weren't different colors, you couldn't tell them apart. Nylas hair was a reddish brown, while Tylas was dark brown. Already I knew I was gonna like Tyla more than I liked Nyla.