Chapter 15

I looked at Audriana sleeping peacefully on August's chest as I slipped on my jacket. I smiled and place a soft kiss on her chubby cheek. I grabbed my bag and keys and was off to catch my flight. I didn't want to wake August up, because I'd wake Na-na up. And I didn't want her to be awake when I left. So I sent August a text that I knew he'd read when he woke up.

August, I'm leaving the baby here with you only for a little while. Just until I catch up with shit in college and stuff. Take care of her, FaceTime me everyday, especially before bed time. When you have something to do, let my mama watch her. Don't take her over tanks, or any environment she shouldn't be in. And don't take her no where near that bitch of yours. I mean that shit, if I find out she was even in the same room as her, I'll come back... And you know I'll show my ass. Thanks for being such a good dad, I'll call Yall when I land.

I think I made the right choice leaving Audriana with my mama and August even though I didn't want to. I wouldn't have had anybody to watch her in Cali, everybody always busy and I don't trust that baby sitter shit. I have my worries still with her living here for a little while, but all I can do is trust August and my mama.

"Mommy gone be back real soon Na-Na, I promise." I said to myself before I walked out the door with my bags. I wiped a few tears that had fallen. It's hard leaving your only child behind, leaving them in somebody's else's care even temporarily, is really hard.

But if I wanna make something outta myself and get to where I wanna go, I have to. I can't mess up, this is a rare second chance to play basketball. It's the only thing I know, I don't even see myself doing something else, And I won't. I'm gone get where I wanna be, for my daughter and for myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 weeks later

I'd just gotten done working out with Chaz. I been working so hard on getting back in shape, and catching myself up on my work. I really think I made the best decision now, because when I come back home its usually around 9, then I may study for a little while, do homework. Then I'll take my ass to bed. The next day, it's the same shit.

My mama told me August is really good with Audriana, and he respects what I told him. When he leaves, he leaves her with my mama. When his mom wants to see her, she has to come over to the house. I feel better about Audriana being in Detroit especially since I also have my Mama looking after her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That baby fat seem like it's just melting off you." Chaz teased. He was right, the weight was coming off me easier than I thought it would.

"Yup, soon my Lil packs gone be back." I laughed rubbing my stomach.

"In a couple more weeks, I'm gonna take you over to UCLA. I want you to meet the coach, and the girl you'll be playing."

"The girl I'll be playing? What you mean?" I questioned. Chaz chuckled to himself.

"I went with coach close when she was making recruits, and I told her I know somebody better than one of the girls she was thinking of recruiting. So we decided to have you both play a little game of One on One." Chaz smirked

"And if I win?" I raised an eyebrow

"You get the last spot on the team." Chaz answered. "You lose, I don't know what to tell you."

"So it's all or nothing huh?"

"Adrian, don't stress about it. You just gotta go out there and give her ass hell on that court. You say this is all you know and your only way out... play like it is."