Chapter 5

I'm just sitting on my bed, trynna figure out how shit changed so fast. What happened to the days where me and August would just play all day? What happened to the nights he'd hold me close to him? Does he not remember? It's Crazy how the very same person you cared about becomes the enemy.

It's fucked up to say, But that's how I see August now. He's the enemy, And I just had to be having his baby. He's threatened me multiple times, but the one about taking my kid away from me is what really fucked with me.

You gone take my first born?

You gonna take what grew inside of me? I swear that's not happening. I'm already attached to the baby and he or she isn't even born yet. Ain't nobody taking my child from me. I don't care who it is or what I gotta do.

"So I'm guessing he didn't take it too well?" Corahn asked.

"He wasn't mad about me being pregnant. But he thinks shit is gonna go his way and It just ain't." I shrugged rolling my eyes.

"What he want?"

"He want me to move back to Detroit. Talkin reckless and shit, trynna tell me my baby gone stay down there with him."

"Look, all that will be settled when you give birth. Right now Ima need you to get that look off ya face, and come on." Corahn Demanded.

"You want Chipotle?" He asked My eyes lit up as I grinned.

"Yaaas, Chipotle." I sang as I I got off the bed. That's what Corahn does when I get mad or something. He feeds me. It never fails, Once I eat I feel completely different. Don't judge me, I'm With Child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So Adrian, Do you know what you wanna have?" Taylor asked, sitting next to me on the couch giving me a cheeky smile. I don't know why, but every since I turned 4 months, her ass been trynna stick under me.

"A boy." I answered

"What does August want?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Do you miss him?"

"No." I answered, I don't miss his mean ass. I miss the nice and sweet August. The August that'd suprise me with clothes and shoes, The August that'd sing to me, The August that'd wake me up in the morning and fix me breakfast.

"You telling me there's nothing you like about him, that you miss?" Taylor asked with doubt in her voice. I shook my head no.

"Maybe you miss the way he used to kiss you." She suggested. Her ass all in my business for no reason. I know how to get her ass.

"Nah, Maybe it's the pipe I miss." I said just to get under her skin. She always tends to get iffy on the subject of sex. Which I don't know why. You rather let a nigga fuck yo mouth, cause you a virgin. You a virgin but ya mouth aint. You don't get an award. To me you're half a virgin. This sweet virgin Mary act she stay trynna put on, It's all bullshit. And I ain't goin for it.

"Or, Maybe you miss waking up to him in the morning." Taylor pointed out.

"Or... I could miss getting the dick in the morning." I added.

"I'm pretty sure you miss something other than the sex Adrian." Taylor Laughed awkwardly.

"Nope." I shook my head. "Dick. That's my final answer." I said. I could tell she was getting Uncomfortable, but I don't care. She needs to learn she can't speak or ask about everything or everyone, Cause she may not like the answer.

"Are you going to have a baby shower?"

"I'd like one but, All my people ain't here. and I'm definitely not going down there just to have a baby shower." I said, Taylor nodded.

"I can't wait until you go to the doctors today. We'll finally know the gender."

"Thats if the baby shows us. He or she may not even be laying the correct way in order to determine the sex." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I left the doctor's with a huge smile on my face. I went all alone because if the baby actually showed it's sex, I wanted it to be a suprise.

I was walking to my car, looking down at my Sonogram, reading the words printed on it that I'd surprise everyone with. It's a ---

Suddenly,  I bumped into a man. I immediately looked up at him and began to apologize. 

"I'm sorry, I should've been watching where I was going." I apologized

"It's fine he spoke." Giving me a smile. I saw him glance down at my stomach. I smiled back and began to go about my way.

"Excuse me, Miss?" he called after me. I spun around.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Where'd you get that necklace? I remember I had one like that." He asked. I looked down at my gold necklace with a small golden basketball ball charm hanging on it.

"Oh, I don't know. It was a gift from my Mom. But I guess you can say it's a gift from my dad since he left it for me." I said.

The man furrowed his eyebrows a bit and looked me over. Then his eyes went directly to my necklace. I tucked the necklace in my shirt, and Gave him a strange look.

"I gotta get going. Bye." I said quickly.  I don't like that weird shit. He might try to rob me for the damn necklace or something. I don't like the way he looked at me at all. You don't look at a stranger like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home, I went directly to Corahn's room. He was playing Grand Theft Auto 5.

"Sup prego? How'd it go?" He asked as he paused his game.

"Hey yellow bone. And here." I said handing him the sonogram with a small smile. He took the sonogram with an eyebrow raised.

"It's a girl," Corahn read aloud. "You havin a girl!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"I know." I laughed, rubbing my stomach.

"I knew it was gone be a girl." Corahn smiled still looking at the sonogram. "Cause yo ass wanted a boy."

"I did. But I'm happy I'm having a girl. I mean either way she's  my baby. She's growing inside of me. I don't care about the gender. " I shrugged.

"And August's baby. So gone and tell him the news."

I shook my head no. "You tell him. I don't feel like talking to him."

"You having his baby. Not me. You call him."

"Fine. Bright skinned Fucker." I growled. I pulled my phone out and texted him I'm having a girl.

After the text message was sent, I went to my room and sat on the bed. I looked down at my stomach and began to run my hand up and down it.

"People gone think I would've been better off having a boy because of the way I am. I honestly thought that too. But God knows what he's doing. Boy or Girl it doesn't matter, Ima try to be the best mother I can be." I said

"I ain't have the best mother, Yo grandma definitely ain't have the best mother, Yo great grandma probably ain't have the best mother, and I bet it's been a cycle. But Ima stop the cycle. Starting with you. Audriana."

#wfk#ѕquαdѕhít

Comments and Votes?