Leave

Chapter 15

Kelsey's POV

        "Slow down, what are you talking about?" He questions me over the sound of a red turtle shell crashing into my kart.

        I drop banana peels onto the ground behind me, a feeling of success coursing through me once Bowser manages to wipe out. The pause menu pops up on the television, Harry now facing me rather than the game.

        "I just think we should go on a roadtrip for a week or two, you know? I've always wanted to travel outside of London." I lie smoothly.

        "Why so sudden?" He questions me.

        I shrug my shoulder, "I just thought it would be a nice break from our constant Mario Kart races." I smile gently.

        Or I just need to get you as far away from Ryan as possible, my mind mocks me.

        Harry nods before pressing go on our game, resuming the final lap of Coconut mall. I press pause this time, my eyes never leaving his face.

        "Why are you hesitating? You love car rides." I accuse him.

        "It's just that I have something I've been meaning to ask you about."

Oh god.

        He takes my silence as encouragement to continue on. "Next week, the boys and I are playing Madison Square Garden in New York, and, and," He struggles to finish his sentence.

        "You want me to come." I finish for him. He smiles brightly at me, causing me to sigh.

        The happiness leaves his eyes when he realizes I'm not accepting his offer.

        "I don't know, Harry. That's something incredible, monumental, even. Those moments are reserved for family and your fans, the people you care about so much. The people who supported you throughout the years leading up to that moment." I ramble on.

        "Kelsey, I care about you." Heat boils beneath my cheeks, "I want you to come."

        "No, don't say that." His face twists in confusion.

        "What did I say?"

        "You can't care about me, I am going to hurt you." I practically shout in his face. I'm in too deep. Shock covers his features before anger seeps through.

        "I care about you, why can't you accept that? I don't understand. If you were going to 'hurt me', wouldn't you have done it already?" He shouts back at me.

         Fighting with him isn't what I wanted. Who am I kidding? Even if I did get Harry far away from Ryan, he would come for both of us. I cower back into the cushions of the couch, knowing what I must do.

        Harry reaches into his back pocket, pulling out a single ticket for the concert and placing it in my lap. The small slip of paper symbolizes the end. I see it clearly in my head, exactly how I'm going to pull this off.

        "In case you change your mind, we arrive in America a few days before the show." He states before standing and exiting. Before he steps from the living room, he plants a kiss onto my forehead.

        After he has closed his bedroom door, I examine the ticket closely.

        December 3rd.