Breathe.

Chapter 4:

The only sound heard in the gym was skin on skin. I made jabs at my opponent, guessing his weak spot. My fist made contact with his stomach, causing him to double over in pain. My heart raced, the sound pulsing through my head. In my daze, I couldn't dodge the foot knocking my legs out from under me.

My vision blurred as I lay still on the floor of the makeshift boxing ring. I closed my eyes, trying to focus. Re-opening my eyes, my opponent was gone, replaced by Ryan.

"Get the fuck up." His voice was flooded with venom.

Pushing myself from the ground, I stood. My hands shook as he stared me down.

"Jacob!" Ryan shouted for his assistant, "Bring me my gloves!"

I kept my gaze on Ryan as he powdered his knuckles before pulling on his gloves. My eyes focused in time to see a fist coming at my face. I ducked out of instinct, tripping over my feet to get away.

"The best there is, hm?" He spoke fiercely, taking another swing at me. His aim to my ribs this time. I whimpered slightly, trying to keep my balance.

A sharp pain formed in my groin, caused by Ryan's hand. I kept quiet raising my arms up to defend myself.

"I can beat my record of two days. What an easy target." Ryan's fists kept coming, making blows all over my body. "WAS HE EASY, KELSEY? WAS HE?" He screamed into my ear, taking a shot at my face.

My body fell to the ground in a heap. The pain was dull, numbed. Ryan kept talking, causing anger to boil throughout my body. He spit on me before speaking again.

"He's made you weak. I hired you to kill. NOT to be WEAK." His knee made contact with my jaw, knocking it out of place. I rose from the ground, looking Ryan in the face for the first time since he arrived. His eyes held amusement and anxiety.

I forced my knee into his stomach, catching him off guard. I pressed my mouth to his ear as I harshly spoke, "I am not weak."

He chucked, pulling away from me. "Prove it."

Anger flared across my features, bringing humor to his. My palm pushed up against his nose, causing blood to gush. My fist made impact on his jaw, watching as teeth flew from his mouth. Punch after punch landed on his chest. The cracking of his ribs pulled me from my state.

I backed up against the ring, sinking to the floor. "Ryan, I'm so sorry." He remained still facing me.

"Kill him, Kelsey. That's an order." I looked up to see him wiping the blood from his face. Before leaving, he turned back to me. "Kill him or I will kill you."

The 5 inch heeled shoes on my feet created discomfort as I made my way through the streets of London. Being reassigned isn't too bad. I get to say that I've traveled the world but I have no one to tell.

A soft ringing came from the phone in my bag. I pressed the receiver to my ear and listened.

"Target 2 blocks behind you, headed your way."

"Thank you, Jacob." I replied.

"I have a message for you, from Ryan."

I suppressed my urge to sigh and waited for him to go on.

"He wanted me to remind you before you go on the mission today that-" Jacob's voice stopped short, tripping on his words, "that," he cleared his voice, holding back tears, "if you don't kill Harry, He will kill you both himself."

I remained silent letting my breaths tell George I had heard him.

"Be safe, Kelsey. Target one block south." And with that, he hung up.

I continued on in the direction Jacob had described. Glancing up, I saw him. I cursed inwardly once I realized he wasn't alone.

"Shit shit shit." I swore as I slid down onto a bench. I had a few seconds to figure out a plan. Footsteps approached from down the sidewalk and I kept my eyes on the ground, praying he'd leave me unnoticed.

Harry and his friend passed by but not quick enough for me to miss their conversation. I heard the blonde boy's input before they were out of earshot.

"All I'm saying is, no matter how much you and Taylor didn't get along after the breakup, you should still send her family flowers or something. They lost their daughter-"

I leapt up from the bench, keeping my distance behind them, desperate to hear the conversation unfold.

"I had to fake a relationship to protect my real one. She was fake. We were fake." Harry's tone was cold.

"She's dead, Harry. The least you can do is send your condolences." The blonde boy spoke again.

I stumbled over my feet slightly, feeling my face heat up. I slowed my pace, thinking of what the boy had just said. My job registered through my mind. I was the one who killed her. She was my two day record. I felt the buildings closing in on me, panick rising through my body.

My knees hit the ground, followed by my palms. Gasps of air left my mouth in staggers, I was growing desperate for space. I eased myself to the ground, and began to cry. I cried for my parents. I cried for every person I had killed. I cried for what my life has become.

Sobs tore my throat apart. They kept coming, stronger than any flood. I barely acknowledged someone shouting to me from down the sidewalk. I hardly felt them pick me up from the concrete. One thing I heard loud and clear was his voice. Full of fear, confusion, "Stay with me, Kelsey. Breathe. Breathe."

I let the sound of his voice carry me to a sleep I had been needing since I snuck away from his house yesterday morning.

........................................

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! Hope this satisfied your needs. Feedback is always appreciated. Vote! Comment!

-Miranda