All in a day's work

Chapter 1 :

My fingers drummed along the surface of the metal table. The soft pounding bounced off the walls of the sound proof room. I often pondered whether it was actually sound proof. So many times I've pictured myself sitting in this very room and screaming my problems out to no one. Having my words bounce back at me, as if they were never spoken.

The door eased open, revealing my boss, Ryan. He was a short man, much shorter than me. As much as he tried to deny it, he was definitely balding. He was made out to be one of the scariest men alive, but he was nowhere near as scary as me.

"Hello Kelsey."

I simply nodded in response. He took that as a signal to proceed.

"I see that you carried out your previous mission in.. Two days?!" His eyes widened in surprise. "Why, that must be a new record for you." I shrugged my shoulders.

"What can I say? I am the best."

"And that's why I hired you. Now," Ryan laid out a Manila folder onto the table. "I have a new target for you. He's far different than the other men I have sent you after."

I cocked an eyebrow at him. "How so?" What could make this one different than the others? All men were the same, always after one thing.

"Well, he should be a much easier mission to carry out. You might even beat your two day record." Ryan spoke with excitement.

"Again I ask, how is he an easier target?" My patience was running thin, fast.

"Fresh out of a breakup, at the club drinking his problems away." It was such a simple statement but it told me my orders. "Lure him in, and he won't suspect a thing." Ryan's eyes held a question. Will I do it?

I sigh before nodding, giving him the confirmation he needed.

He clapped his hands with excitement. "Yes yes yes! He won't know what's coming to him. A beautiful girl like you comes along, trying to cheer him up, there's no way he could avoid this trap." Ryan's eyes lit up as the next 24 hours played out in his head.

It's always the same on his end. He sends me out, all over the world, to hunt down the celebrities he cant stand. It's all a game to him, a game he always wins. He found me when I was 18. I remember the day perfectly, all the way down to the clothes I was wearing. My first day as an adult. The first day on my own. The first day out of my foster house.

Ryan lightly slid the folder across the table to me. "Good luck, Kelsey. I expect good results."

"As always, sir." I looked up to see Ryan was already gone. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I reacted this way at every new assignment. Not knowing who the man was until I opened the folder. Different face, same end result.

Ryan chose me to be his top assassin after he took me in as his own. He trained me day and night so that if any of the men i was sent to kill tried to fight back, I would always have the upper hand.

You're the hot girl.

The whore.

Ryan's words echoed through my mind. I shoved my thoughts elsewhere before opening the folder. I studied the profile, a smirk etched onto my face.

Harry Styles.

.............................................

Definitely short. Will be longer next time. Feedback? Comment! Vote!

-Miranda <3