Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Dad I can't believe I lost it! How can.....how can I just lose it?! I need to find it! I need to." I said tears forming in my eyes.

I can't believe I lost the necklace. The only thing that connects me to my birth mom, and in a weird way my mom. That necklace means everything to me. Gosh Im so stupid. How can I have lost it?

"Honey calm down. No need to freak out. Ok, we'll find out." My dad said trying to sooth me.

"When was the last time you saw it? Where do you think it might be?" He asked me.

"I don't know! Don't ask me that! Do you really think I'd be looking for it if I knew?! All I know is that I was in the kitchen cooking and that I took it off so it wouldn't get dirty. Then, I went to the restroom and when I came back it was gone!" I cried sitting down on the couch and covering my face with my hands.

"Well have you searched the kitchen?" He asked me. I stared blankly at him.

"Nooo dad, I haven't checked the kitchen. That's why I totally didn't spend the past hour looking for it in there." I replied sarcasticlly. My dad took a deep breath. Trying to calm down.

"Sadie, I know your upset, but that doesn't give you a right to be rude. Im still your father, so I advise you to calm down and clear your mind." He scolded me.

I looked at him guilt running through me. I knew I was acting like a total you know what, but Im just scared that I won't find the neclace. It's something that helps me, and gives me comfort. I looked up when I heard footsteps to see Evan entering the room.

His hair was wet meaning he had just come out of the shower. Which explains why he hadn't come down here earlier. The noise I was making was loud enough to scare anyone. His face turned confused when he saw me crying. His eyebrows wrinkling together.

"What's going on in here? Why are you crying? What's wrong?" He eagerly asked. I looked over at my dad wanting him to explain since I know I'll break out crying again if I did. He seemed to have catched on since he started explaining.

"Sadie, she lost her necklace. This is a special necklace though. It really means a lot to her." My dad explained. Evan nodded.

"And how does it look like?" He asked. My dad looked over at me. He barely even knows how it looks like.

"Umm...it's gold, it's in a shape of a key, but its only half a key. There's another neclace that if you connect it with mine it makes a full key that has a heart shaped figure on the top." I told him wondering if my mom is wearing the other half on her neck.

A familiar look passed in his eyes. The same look that he had in his eyes when I caught him starring at me during class. I must be going crazy because I swear there's tears forming in his eyes. Now I was starting to get confused.

"S-Sadie..... h-how did y-you...get the necklace?" Evan stuttered out. My eyes.filled with tears once again as I remembered the night I got the necklace.

I walked into my mothers room. I took a deep breath. Everything looked the same. Everything was in the same position she had left it. It's been a week since the funeral and I haven't once stepped in the room. I picked up a box and started putting her stuff in there.

I stopped when I reached her photo album. I opened it to find a picture of my dad and her at their mairrage. They look so happy and in love . I keep going until I reach a picture of me. Right when I turn the page a yellow packet falls out. I open it and.see a necklace fall off. I pick it up. It's beautiful.

I reach into the packet and pull out a document and letter. I read the document. Will of Jenna Edwards. My breath hitched. This was my mom's will. I read on to see that she left almost everything to me. Did she really care about me this much? I hated myself at the moment. I spent so much time thinking she didn't love me... I picked up the letter and read.

Dear Sadie,

If your reading this it means I am gone. Don't be sad my dear for I will always be alive in your heart. I know I really haven't been there for you, but I love you with all my heart. When I adopted you 17 years ago. You came with a necklace. From your parents before me. Sadie I lied they are still Alive. I hope you find them one day. A week after I had adopted you your birth mom came back. She wanted you, but I couldn' give you back. I was already in love. My death wish is for you to find her. Her name is E-

That's right she never finished the letter.

I look at Evan. Even though he was like a brother. This was personal and meant for me. Plus the only people who know Im adopted is my family and Katie. I debate wheather to say the truth.

"My uncle gave it to me for my birthday." I replied, and just like that the look was gone.

"Oh here, I found it and thougt it was my.moms." He said handing my necklace over. I grabbed it and looked at him in confusion. Why would it be his mom's? I shrugged and let it go.

"Well I have to go get ready. Im going to the mall with some friends." I told my dad. Evan was one of the friends included. I walked into my room grabbing the wall when I felt dizy. Before I knew it I was falling on my bed. To the once again darkness.

*****************************************I updated yaaay. Thanks to all the commenters on the last chapter. Your.comments really inspired me to write. So please vote, comment, and fan. Big.thanks to @tieara14 for helping with an idea for this chapter. I updated faster than a week. Yaaay.

So what did you think of this chapter?

Any ideas of who Sadie's mom is?

What do you think is going to happen in the mall?

R.Q.O.T.D

ARE MERMAIDS REAL?