Chapter 21

Sorry if this chapter sucks. I suck at writing sad scenes. Not sure if its sad or not. You can listen to the song if you want.

Chapter 21

Evan and I walked into the hospital immediately going to the front desk. We walked up to the desk table were a nurse sat texting someone on the phone. She looked pretty young. Probably somewhere between her mid and late twenties. I looked at the lanyard around her neck that held a picture of her with her name under it. It read Sally. Evan cleared his throat making her look up.

"Oh, hi how can I help you?" Sally said with a flirty smile on her face. I rolled my eyes disgusted at her behavior.

"Umm for Emma Gonzalez?" He asked with an annoyed and worried face on. Sally typed something into the computer before looking up.

"Are you guys family?" She asked us slightly glaring at me.

"I'm her son," Evan replied immediately. Sally looked over at me.

"What about her?" She asked pointing at me. Rude much? Apparently her parents never taught her pointing is wrong.

"She's my sister," Evan replied just as fast as the first time. I don't know why but him saying I'm his sister made me want to smile.

She gave us some stickers saying visitors, and made us sign some visitor paper before letting us go. Evan basically dragged me all the way to the elevator since he was walking so fast. We reached the second floor and saw Jason pacing in the waiting area. He hugged Evan as soon as he saw us. I looked to see he had tears in his eyes.

"How's mom?" Evan asked him. Jason stayed silent for a while before answering.

"The doctor said both of them won't be able to make it. He said we have to pick either the baby or your mom. The doctors can't save them both," He informed us a tear slipping out of his eyes.

For the past few months that I have known Jason I have gotten to know him as a fun person. Always smiling and making people laugh, so seeing him like this hurt. Same going with Evan. I saw Evans eyes fill with tears. He had been excited for the baby. Hoping that the baby was a girl since he has always wanted a younger sister. Everyone had been excited for the baby.

I could feel my eyes watering at the news. Emma had become like a mother to me, and the thought of her dying made me want to sob in a corner. I looked over at Jason knowing it was hard for him to choose. His baby or his wife

."She want's me to save the baby," Jason whispered painfully. "Before she went unconscious she told me to save the baby."

"No! You-You cant! You have to save mom!" Evan yelled.

"It's what your mother wants," Jason said. Evan glared at him. He opened his mouth to speak ,but was interrupted by the doctor coming into the room. Jason walked over to the doctor speaking in hushed words.

Evan and I watched as Jason followed the doctor down the hall, and through the mysterious door. Evan and I walked over to the seats. He sat down with his head in his hands. His elbows resting on his knees.. I could hear him start to cry softly into his hands. I looked at him freaking out. I was the most horrible person and comforting people. Slowly, I got up from my seat and sat next to him wrapping him in a hug. He turned so that his head was on my shoulder, and I was able to feel his tears through my shirt.

"He can't pick the baby. Don't get me wrong. I really want the baby, but my mom she's more important. I can always get another brother or sister, but I could never get a new mother. She's unreplaceable. I dont know what I would do without her," He said quietly. I wanted to cry seeing him like this. Evan and his mom had a really close relationship that I sometimes wish I would of had with my mom. We sat there anxiously waiting for his dad to come back with the news.

"She can't die. She just can't,"Evan muttered to himself.

Hours passed before Jason walked back into the waiting room. By this time my dad, Larissa, and a few other of Evan's relatives were in the room. We all waited quietly wanting to hear what he was going to say.

"Emma she's alright. She's awake in the room. We would of had a baby girl," He said with a sad smile.

I felt my heart break at the news. I could hear some of Evan's aunts crying at the news. Emma could of had another baby girl. Evan could of had a baby sister. I knew that everyone was secretly hoping the baby was a girl. After Emma's baby was adopted at the orphanage everyone had been hoping for another girl in the family. Jason and Evan headed towards the mysterious doors once more. They were going to break the news about the baby to Emma. They were almost at the doors when Evan turned around.

"S-Sadie, can you come with me?" He asked shocking me.

This was a private moment between their family. Why would he want me there?I looked over at Jason as if asking for permission. I didn't want to intrude. He gave me a sad smile before signalling Evan and I to follow him. I passed through the mysterious doors that everyone kept passing through. We walked down the hall and into a room.

Emma looked horrible. She was pale and had bags under her eyes. She had an Iv bag attached to her. Evan and Jason rushed to her side hugging her. I awkwardly stood there not knowing what to do.

"Sadie, where my hug?" Emma asked making me laugh. I walked over giving her a hug. Emma pulled away turning to look at Jason.

"The baby?" She asked tears forming in her eyes. By the look on her face it was obvious she knew the answer, but wanted to hear the words be said.

"I-I couldn't let you die," Jason responded tears forming in his eyes. Emma broke into a sob. Jason walked over to her pulling her into his arms. Emma's body shook as she cried into Jason's chest. The room was silent. All you could hear was Emma crying and her muttering "My baby, my baby," over and over again.

Evan rushed out of the room and down the hall. Me going after him. Even there you could hear Emma's sobs. They were faint but there. Evan sat down on the floor. Me next to him. Neither of us saying any words. The tears were enough.

2 days passed and Emma was finally released from the hospital. The following days the house was quiet. The only sound was Emma's quiet cries. Everyone mourning the death of the baby. Caleb, and Katie passed to the house a couple of time to check on Evan, but that was all. Evan just sat in his room all day only coming out to eat. Emma not coming out at all. You could tell Jason was worried. We all were. I sat in my room. Not understanding why horrible things happen to good people.

***************************************************************************************

Omg I'm so sorry! The chapter most likely sucked. I coudn't find myself this chapter. That's why the upload took forever. it. Please vote and share. Any thoughts? Please comment.