LIII

Although Natsume is frightened with Yuan Kang's actions, she can't help being annoyed. Make her the queen of Xue? She doesn't need that! She's already the queen of two nations, and they're also going to annexed the state of Xue.

This Yuan Kang must be mistaken. She tried to get out of his hold to no avail, without a choice, she raised her head and coincidentally, Yuan is also looking down at her. They're so close that they can feel each other's breath, this kind of temptation cannot be rejected by him, making no efforts of holding himself back.

He leaned down to taste her lips again, seeing that this monarch is slowly approaching her again, as if to kiss her, Natsume quickly covered her lips with the back of her hand. Making him kissed her palm instead of her mouth.

"Yuan Kang! You're crazy!!"

She screamed behind the back of her hand. All the hairs at her nape stood up. Meeting the king of Xue is truly frightening ah. Far more frightening than her husband's bloody red eyes.

He laughed, making his hold on her loosened a bit. Natsume took this opportunity to jumped out of his hold. As soon as she was out of her arms, she ran to the corner most part of the room, putting a lot of distance between them.

"Yuan Kang, let me clear this to you, as clear as crystal. I. AM. NOT. YOUR. NOBLE. CONSORT. WHORE"

She arrogantly raised her chin at him. Natsume is probably the first one to link the Noble Consort with a whore, and to say it in front of the King.

"Second, I'am the renowned queen, Natsume Ryuu of the Ryuu state and the kingdom of Hoc, the only wife of Lord Raiden Ryuu, not some lowly Xue's Noble Consort"

"Third, if you want to get back your original beloved Consort, Natsume Nao from Keito, you must not hurt me in any way, not even a single strand of my hair or your beloved consort will pay the prize"

While she was talking, she slowly got a hold of herself and calmed down. From her frightful expression to a fierce one. Almost glaring at this shameless King.

Only when she's this calm can she think rationally.

Yuan Kang let out a low laughter. Such an arrogant expression that Natsume can mustered when in fact, she should be asking for mercy when she's under his territory. A true born queen.

He got up from the bed, making his way to her.

"You wounded me, Natsume. Did you already forgot about me?"

Surprisingly, she didn't backed down this time. She straightly looked back at him, a burning fury within her eyes.

How could she forget? That handsome boy with a boyish smile who only knows how to follow her orders. Although he wasn't raised in a good environment, he was surprisingly docile. Perhaps it was because of his docility that he can easily cooped up with the things around him and can easily be influenced.

From a barbarian, to a charming village boy, and finally, to a cunning king.

He was the first one to make her heart race, the first she experienced the blooming spring, the first boy she likes.

But just like her passing spring, it was all in the past now, it was nothing but a silly childhood feelings, something that will eventually passed that doesn't last forever. They were meant to meet but not meant to be.

That promised she made was just a wishful thinking back then, a promise made by an amateur, silly girl.

The present Natsume is someone who is not only a wife but a mother to her child, and a mother of the nation. Someone who will always think of her people, to worry for her husband and look after her child.