XXXI

We took the route to the state in the middle and the moment we arrived there, the battle was already over. We were near the gates, our soldiers are stabbing the lying bodies of the enemy soldiers in case that someone is still alive. The stench of blood filled my nostrils that makes all the hairs on my body stood up. It disgust me.

"Your prediction was correct, milady. They divided their armies into three. 40,000 soldiers as their main body in the middle state, and the other two 30,000 soldiers at the sides to subjugate the three states in one swoop"

Of course, they would do that before our reinforcement arrived, they need to get inside the city states' gates to defend themselves before our troops arrived. Defending inside the gates of the city is much more easier, especially when the reinforcement troops are weary after they travelled and directly attack without having enough rest. This state has done a good job, they managed to hold out for a day and the enemies didn't get inside.

General Izumi predict that this will happen so he divided his armies into three too. I just received a report that we have won in the Battle of the three states. I expect nothing less from General Izumi.

Why we chose to go to this state at the middle rather than the other side states was because the main body of the army is here, there's a possibility that Lord Ryuu will head here or maybe he's already here. It's the fourth day, the day that I expected him to arrive from Sayta.

"What's the report of the soldier that I've send in the Northern border?"

I asked the commander while we make our way inside the gates. Many of the soldiers are throwing us a curious look, after all, I'am with the elite soldiers of Lord Ryuu who's holding its red dragon flag, indicating that I'am an important figure from the palace. I'am not being arrogant but that's the rules, each units must hold out flags to identify what particular unit it is.

"He just arrived this morning and his reports might sound imposibble to you but it's the truth, seeing as the five generals including Lord General Izumi are standing over the walls"

He said and look up. Is he saying that the soldiers at the North turn back their tails and completely abandoned the Northern border? But how did they managed to kill 70,000 of the enemy soldiers?

The carriage stopped and a soldier opened the carriage I'am riding. I step out and my eyes immediately flew up to look over the walls. All of them are looking ahead, except for General Izumi, who seems to be the only one who noticed my arrival.

It seems like they're all waiting for Lord Ryuu's arrival. My guess was that they wanted to hear his reason for abandoning them in the battlefield, I'am sure that they're more than treating each other as comrades, they're like brothers. There's a saying that 'among your comrades, you find brotherhood in the battlefield' unfortunately, Lord Ryuu, who's always composed and present in the battlefield didn't go to their aid and was far away from them.

General Izumi descended from the wall, this time, he didn't jumped just like what he did in our first meeting, he used the stairs. He's too gloomy and pressured, I know because right now, he's not wearing his usual arrogant face as he walk to me. He still look the same, except that he lost his left eye when I got abducted by the Dark Cultists and that makes me feel guilty whenever I look at him. He's wearing an eye patch now.

"What are you doing here?"

Was his first question, his tone is not surprised nor angry. He sounds tired, physically and mentally.

"Wow. Long time no see, general. I'am waiting for my husband here"

I'am in a mood to mock him a little. His perfect dark eyebrows raised a little. He ignored my remark and motioned at the tower for us to head there