XXXIII

He was definitely lying that he was not hungry or thirsty. As soon as he smelled the foods that I put in front of him since there was no left space in the room, his eyes automatically opened.

I woke up earlier than him when it was almost dusk, at least it wasn't completely dark yet, we can't sleep for more than 12 hours with an empty stomach considering that both of us rushed here.

I have enough rest when I slept inside the carriage, thus I woke up earlier than him. Unlike him who travelled for four days with a little rest. They must have changed their horses along the way or it will be exhausted for running the whole day. I have a hard time getting out of his hold, his arms were tightly closed around my waist but he leaves an enough space for me to breath properly, unlike the last time.

I personally cooked his meals since there was no servants around, only soldiers and I can't just order his soldiers to cook for us when I'm a woman myself. Cooking meals to your husband is a wifely duty. It was hard though, I know how to cook very well but making a fire is hard. A part of cooking that I despised so much, it took me an hour before I could make a fire. By the time I was finished, it was already dark.

"What?"

I asked when he was still not getting up and just staring at me.

"You're the one who cook all of these?"

"Yes. That's why you should eat now, I made a lot of effort in cooking it"

He got up with a grin plastered on his handsome face .

"It will be my first time to taste your food"

Now that he mentioned it, it's also my first time cooking for him. We have a lot of servants in the palace so I practically have nothing else to do, except for political ones, since I've been taking care of the problems in the states while he's away.

All those household trainings for two years only came to use now, it was a good thing that I spend more time reading books about political matters. My boring days of reading was put in more use than the tiring household trainings.

He pick up the chopsticks that I put on the tray beside the bowl of rice and started to eat, I watch in anticipation of his reaction but he was just blandly eating.

"How is it?"

"It's fine"

Fine huh? Just fine?

"Is it not delicious?"

"It's edible"

Wow. Just wow. I want to slap him again with the dishes I've cooked for him. It was totally different when he first saw the foods I served for him.

He doesn't know how hard it was, my hands are burnt because of it.

"What's with your grim look?"

He asked and I glared at him.

"Milord, you're so dense. You don't understand a woman's heart"

He nodded his head in agreement as if he understand what I'm saying.

"I'm just being honest with you and I don't think that it's necessary for you to cook for me, we have servants to do that. You'll just get hurt"

He stared at my burnt hands. So its about my hands again? I sighed and waited for him to finish eating, arguing with him while he's eating is rude, the foods won't settle down in his stomach.

"Why aren't you eating yet?"

"I already eat a while ago"

I'm contemplating whether to confront him now about the matters with his men and convince him about what Yul Feng have said, or I'll just save it for tomorrow.