twenty seven

Victoria's POV

I wake up and realize today we go back to North Carolina.

It seems like we were in Chicago for a lot longer than just a weekend.

I get up, momentarily forgetting about my injuries.

I yelp in pain as my feet hit the floor.

" Dang itttt. " I whisper.

I hear shuffling on Hayes' bed and he sits up looking at me.

" Why are you attempting to walk? " he asks, his eyes still closed.

" Um. " I say and bite back a smile.

I try to take another step, only to receive pain and an unwelcomed wince fall from my mouth.

" You're failing terribly. " he says smiling at me, amused.

" So now you enjoy my pain? " I raise a brow.

He furrowed his eye brows.

He gets up and walks over to me.

He cups my face in his hands.

" Not your pain, your strength. " he says kissing my nose.

I try to hold back a laugh, failing.

" Okay big guy, just a bit too sappy for the morning. " I say laughing, patting him on the chest.

" Oh shut up, Vic! " he says before throwing me over his shoulder.

" HAYESS! " I squeal.

" I TRY TO BE CUTE! " he says throwing a exaggerated hand in the air.

I laugh at his exaggeration as he walks us to the bathroom.

....

As I'm about to do my make up, it hits me.

" My parents are probably gonna like freak out. " I say tossing my eye liner back into my makeup bag and rubbing my forehead.

" Are they home? " Hayes asks.

" Yeah, they picked Nick up yesterday at the airport, so unless something happened at the studio, they should be there. " I say taking a seat on the closed toilet seat.

" Do you want me to go to your house first, you know, moral support? " he says smiling lightly, placing a hand on my back.

" No, if anything they may come to the conclusion that you did something. Nick will be there so it should be fine. " I say standing up and picking up the eye liner again.

" Do you think they'll believe it? That you fell down the stairs? " he asks, his eyes never leaving my face.

" Probably." I say shrugging my shoulders.

Hayes grabs me by both of my shoulders so I'm facing him.

" Stop. " he says, hurt clear in his eyes.

" Wha- " I begin to say.

" No, stop acting like you don't care! Vic I know what you long for most is your parents attention, stop putting that wall up, not with me. please. " he says calmly.

I sigh and nuzzle my head in his neck.

" I'm sorry " I mumble.

" I know. " he says, stroking my hair.

....

We're at the airport and I say goodbye to all the guys and their girlfriends, we all exchange numbers to keep in touch and no tears are shed, thank god.

Hayes, Nash and I all wave goodbye as we walk to our gate.

We get on board and I sit next to Hayes.

" Uh I don't think so, you got the window seat last time! " Hayes says laughing.

I laugh and stand up so we can switch seats.

I sit down once again and lay my head on his shoulder.

" You have a bony shoulder. " I say smiling.

" Here. " he says lifting the arm rest, and I lay my head on his lap.

" Better? " he asks, stroking my hair.

I nod slightly before falling fast asleep.

....

We land and my parents and Hayes' parent's come to pick us up.

Of course, everyone is asking if I'm alright and my mom won't stop hugging me.

They rush me to the car, excited to show me a surprise they have for me at home.

Once we get home my dad takes me to my room carrying my luggage.

He opens my door and I'm greeted to a Macbook Air sitting on my bed.

I smile for my dad's sake, knowing it's just another apology for them not going to the hospital.

He exits my room after I thank him and start to unpack.

Someone knocks on my door before opening it. 

Nick walks over to me and hugs me tightly.

" Would it be weird if I said I missed you? " he says.

" Yes, considering you saw me yesterday. " I laugh.

" I'm glad your okay. " he says, smiling.

" Now, what's this! A new laptop! " he says sarcastically.

" OMG you are so lucky! Can I use it sometimes? I love it omg can I touch it?! " he says exaggerating even more.

" HAHA your hilarious really, get out! " I say pushing him out the door.

" BUT I DIDNT GET TO TOUCH IT! " he screams as a I push him into the hallway locking the door.

I laugh at his attempt to cheer me up, which actually worked and texted Lily insisting the we hang out today.

Lily: Sounds good! Grab a coffee and tell me everything that happened over the weekend! 

Maybe not everything...

...

Hey guys! I rewrote this chapter like 3 times, ugh! I have had really bad writers block.

Other than that I'm gonna bring up the subject we're all dreading, school. I want to know when you guys go back to school! I go back on the 20th which is literally so close! ughhh but I'll still be updating as much as I can.

Tell me your favorite part of the chapter and please vote! I love all of you guys so much! Thank you so much for reading, it literally means the world to me! Thank you so much!

xoxo