fourty one

* Vic's POV *

We just got back from the hospital and Hayes and I are currently talking about our first things.

Like our first word, first time going to the hospital, first kiss, etc.

The guys burst through the doors, hollering and whooping as they carry in 7 boxes of pizza.

I smile as I take a slice of pizza and start eating it.

The guys make small talk about the meet and greet before Aaron brings up my injury.

" Hey, what happened to you anyway? We heard you went to the hospital. " Aaron asks, curious.

The guys pause their conversations and look at me, waiting for a response.

" Umm a fractured rib, and 3 bruised ones. " I say nodding awkwardly.

" And the award for the most visits to the ER in a year goes to... " Carter jokes.

We all laugh and continue to eat and chat.

In the middle of a very important conversation about different types of pizza's people should sell, my phone starts vibrating in my pocket.

Play Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie

I excuse myself once I see my mother is calling, and walk out of the room and into the hallway.

I answer the phone and pray that she doesn't know about the hospital visit yet.

M = Vic's mom V= Victoria

V " Hello? " 

M " Victoria ? " 

V " Hey Mom, everything okay? " 

I hear her sigh into the phone and take a long pause.

M " I'm sorry honey, I know how much you must be enjoying Magcon right now... " 

V  "Mom, what's going on? " 

M  " Vic, we need you to come home. Now. " 

V  " Why? Did something happen to Nick?

I start to get worried and my hands start to sweat.

M  " No, honey. Nick's fine. We just...we need you home. " 

My heart drops, and my eyes begin to water. 

V  " No. " 

M  " Honey, please. We need you home. " 

V  " What home, mom? " 

Anger starts to surface and I feel like screaming.

She sighs again, and I hear distant talking.

M  " Your flight is tomorrow at noon. " 

V  " Dad? " 

My dad has just completely ignored my question and confirmed my suspicions.

M  " Yes? " 

V  " Fuck you. " 

I hang up the phone and stare at it for a while before throwing it across the hall, making it hit the wall.

I lean against a wall and bring my hands to my hair and slide down the wall.

I hear the door open.

" Vic? " 

I start sobbing and bring my knees into my chest, ignoring the pain in my ribs.

Hayes puts a hand on my shoulder and one on my chin.

He lifts my head so he can look at my bloodshot eyes.

" What happened? " he asks, scanning my body for injuries.

" I hate them. " I say in disgust.

He looks at me confused.

" Who? " he asks, sitting next to me.

I sob harder as I take in all that is going to happen.

I put my hands on my heart and my stomach, unsure of  which one hurts more.

" Vic, talk to me please. " Hayes begs, taking my hand in his.

" Remember when I told you I move around a lot? " I say, not looking at him.

Tears run down my cheeks even more as I ease into the truth.

" Oh my god. " he says, leaning his head against the wall.

I start sobbing as I imagine a life without him in it.

He brings me into his chest and rests his head on mine as I continue crying.

The door opens once again, revealing all the guys.

They look at us confused.

I look up and take in every expression on their faces.

A tear escapes my eye.

" I'm moving. " 

...

extremely short chapter, I know!

this was short and you guys deserve more but I've been really busy and I have like 3 papers due next week so yeah.

but yeah I didn't really like this chapter, i don't know, tell me what you think.

and yes I realize it was kind of out of nowhere and sudden, but take it from somebody that's moved 7 times in her life. This is pretty much how it happens.

Just  a friendly reminder that this story is coming to an end and that we only have 9 MORE CHAPTERS!

thank you so much for reading and I hoped you enjoyed!

xoxo