VIII. The Seven Deadly Sins - Pride

Sample Only

Published on Amazon as an ebook and paperback.

My Soul To Take by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive a downloadable PDF under the Pack Member Tier for $1.00.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se  

"Nephilim?" I ask with confusion, Draven motioning for me to stand.

While I slowly rise to my feet, he informs me, "You can thank your daddy for your wings," he chuckles and arches a brow, "though, you don't even know who he is, now do you?"

I shake my head, admitting defeat as I process the information.

"No, I didn't think so," he looks me over and explains, "alright, feathers, this is how this is going to work," he pauses and I furrow my brows, "you're an abomination by God's standards, left to be damned right along with the rest of those who've sinned...though, you do have a purpose, one you can fulfill by serving Lucifer."

There's no way...

I tell him, "I haven't done anything wrong."

"That doesn't matter, you're damned for just being you...isn't that a kicker?" Draven arches a brow as my features drop. He waits a moment before announcing, "Good news is, we'd love to have you...for a price, of course."

There's always a catch.

I can't begin to believe that...that I truly am a mistake. Everything my stepdad said about me, about my mother, it's true. I'm not meant to have been born, though at least one thing I can live with...

...I made the right choice.

Kristjan wasn't a mistake. He deserves to have a life and live it to the fullest.

Draven reaches out, grasping my chin with his fingers and lifting my gaze. He tilts his head to the side and asks, "Why so glum? Your life is beginning."

Perhaps I am forsaken...

"Awe, I can cheer you up," his eyes spark, the spade of his tail trailing up my arm.

Shaking my head and snapping out of the way his touch drives me, I shake my head with disgust and retort, "Why would I ever?"

"When in Hell, my dear," he chuckles, turning away from me and walking away. He turns to me when he's at the center of the room once again, lifting his chin as he asks, "You're aware of the Seven Deadly Sins?"

"Yes," I reply, my mind flickering back to everything my stepdad raised me to be aware of and all that is taught with Oakcrest.

Draven smirks and raises his arms, "Good." The floor rumbles and shakes, almost taking me off balance once again, though I catch myself. Looking around the room, I see seven pillars rising from around the chamber. Each pillar has a burning flame around it, yet the pillar does not dissolve into ash.

Red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, blue, violet, each flame burning brightly while Draven lowers his arms to his sides.

"If you so desire to fulfill a much greater purpose," Draven motions for me and I walk slowly to the center of the room to stand a few feet in front of him. He shrugs his shoulders, "You only need to fall prey to one of these carnal vices and you'll fall."

Gazing around the room, each flame licks up the pillar it burns brightly one, uneasiness filling me.

Draven murmurs, "I'd personally fall to lust..." his tail once against creeps up the side of my arm, causing a shiver to travel down my spine, "...it's the most enjoyable." As I remain silent, standing and regarding the situation, I feel a fogginess creep up from the base of my spine, edging up slowly.