IV. Trespass Against Us

Sample Only

Published on Amazon as an ebook and paperback.

My Soul To Take by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive a downloadable PDF under the Pack Member Tier for $1.00.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se  

com/SerenityR0se  

-Svana-

-Erikur-

-Erikur-

The address that Svana texts me isn't far from my parent's neighborhood, half a mile down outside the gated community. Reaching the house takes about fifteen or so minutes, nearly out of breath as everything driving me is now left behind. As I stand in front of the house from the sidewalk, the loud music playing, seeing students from both Oakcrest and Woodside laughing, dancing, joking and overall, generally having a good time together...

...all I can think of is what I've just done.

For my stepdad to act the way he did, say things without knowing and just assuming, it pushed me, not wanting to be slandered in front of my mother. For him to say what he did about my mother, he took advantage of a situation and spoke the truth deep down, regardless of him saying he didn't mean it, words are not something we can take back once they're said.

The damage is done.

The way he sees me and mother's faults, he's showing himself as better and wanting to fix problems.

"Hey! Katla!" Svana waves from the front porch, skipping down the steps and down the walkway to meet with me. She wraps her arms around me, a drink in one hand as she says, "I'm so glad you decided to come!"

"Yea, me too," I reply quietly, Svana pulling away and looking me straight in the eyes.

She asks, "Do you need a drink?"

"No, you know I don't drink," I shake my head, and she releases a sigh, wrapping an arm around mine and walking me back up the walkway.

Svana waves at people, showing others that I'm here, though I know where her destination lies, weaving me through the front door and up to the second level of the house. She turns to me when we reach a bathroom, looking me up and down, asking, "Did you want to change into the clothes I brought?"