II. Living For Him

Winner of NaNoWriMo 2018 finishing with just over 61,000 words, I challenged myself to write a gripping, plot twist novel in 30 days and succeeded in keeping the quality of my story the same.

Sample Only

Published on Amazon as an ebook and paperback.

My Soul To Take by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive a downloadable PDF under the Pack Member Tier for $1.00.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se  

com/SerenityR0se  

-Katla-

Present Day

"Katla?"

The history book in front of me lies open, the words on the pages blurring together as I completely space out.

"Katla? Hello?"

A hand waves in front of my face, breaking up the blend of words as I blink my eyelids a few times, lifting my gaze to see Svana leaning on the edge of my desk. She tilts her head to the side, looking me over before she asks, "Didn't you hear the bell ring?"

"No, I must have missed it," I reply, my voice trailing off. Reaching for my history book, I close it, turning in my seat and grabbing the strap for my bag from the back of my chair. Rising from my seat, I sling the strap over my shoulder, holding my book in my arms as I ask, "What's up?"

Svana asks with concern, "You doing okay?"

"Yeah, just distracted," I nod my head, the two of us moving through the aisle of desks before reaching the front of the classroom, heading out the door and to the hallway.

We continue through the scattered groups of those talking about their plans for the weekend, Svana and I reaching the stairs and climbing the stone steps to the third floor of Oakcrest Academy. Svana nudges me in the side and asks, "So...you excited for tonight?"

Shrugging my shoulders, we turn down the hallway to our dormitory, reaching the door and opening it. Nodding at her, she walks in first, crossing the room to her bed and putting away her school work and books for the weekend. Her work will more than likely be completed at the eleventh hour, her procrastination notorious among our shared professors.

"You are coming, right?" Svana asks, my book bag landing on the dresser next to my bed. Rummaging through and setting my books on the small shelf next to it on my desk, I turn around and observe her taking her street clothes out of the bottom drawer of her dresser.

"My stepdad is picking me up in about a half hour for observation of All Soul's Day," I look back to my dresser before moving to the shared closet between Svana and me.