Chapter 11 (Happy Ending)

So here's the happy chapter y'all have been waiting for. I hope you guys enjoy it. (Btw I'm really bad at happy stuff. Sorry. I'm trying, okay?)

~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~
7 years later
~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~

Over the years, Keith had slowly gotten better thanks to his medicine. After graduation, he and Lance moved to Florida together. They now lived in a small house by the beach.

"Lance come on!"

Keith was currently waiting for Lance to get his swimsuit on. The other male had agreed to try surfing with him. Lance huffed and walked out in blue swim trunks.

"Fine, fine. I'm right here."

He chuckled softly and ruffled Keith's hair. He planted a soft kiss on his forehead before taking the others hand, leading him to the ocean.

Lance was planning on making this a great day for Keith, mostly because he had a certain surprise for him later that night. He had this planned for ages.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+
Later that night
+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Lance had everything planned out. Tonight was the night. He tightened the tie around his neck, a smile on his face. He slicked back his hair before grabbing the ring from his drawer, slipping it into his pocket. He walked out into the living room, now waiting on Keith.

"Keith, are you ready?"

"Yeah! Just a moment please!"

After another minute or two, Keith walked out with a small smile on his face. He was dressed in a black suit with a red bow tie, along with his hair being slicked back into a bun.

Lance stared in awe, a faint blush beginning to coat his cheeks. He smiled at the other male and took his hand, kissing it gently. This made Keith blush as well. He looked away bashfully. And with that, Lance lead Keith to the car.

The drive to the restaurant was full of small talk, although neither of the males seemed to mind. Lance pulled into the parking lot, his heart racing slightly. And with that, the two made their way inside.

Sometime later, after the meal, Lance cleared his throat. His heart was pounding in his chest as he spoke.

"Hey Keith.."

"Yeah?"

Lance let out a soft breath before standing up and moving to kneel in front of him.

"So... we've known eachother for a very long time.. and you've made me so, so happy. You're absolutely amazing, Keith. And so, I was wondering..."

He pulled the box from his pocket, opening it to reveal a ring.

"Would you marry me?"

Keith stared in shock, tears already welling in his eyes. Both hands moved to cover his mouth. He nodded eagerly at the other male. Cheers and clapping came from others as Lance slipped the ring onto his finger. The two shared a sweet kiss before leaving.

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
4 months later
♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

Today was the day. Lance was currently standing at the alter, in front of Keith. He had a bright, loving smile on his lips. He spoke softly to him.

"God... you look wonderful, Keith. I'm so lucky."

This simply caused Keith to smile more than what he already was, a blush coating his cheek. By now, it was time for the vows. Lance spoke up first.

"Keith, you truly are the light of my world. You know how to bring me up when I'm down. So, I, Lance McClain, take you, Keith Kogane, to be my lawfully wedded husband. I take you with all your weaknesses, and all your strengths. Before these witnesses, I pledge to share my life openly with you, to speak the truth with love. I promise to show up and try. I promise to honor and care for you, to cherish and to encourage your own fulfillment as an individual through all the changes in our lives. I chose you as the person with whom I will spend my life with.

Keith had the biggest smile on his face, having heard all of this. Tears were in his eyes but he didn't mind. He took a deep breath before reciting his own vows to Lance.

"I, Keith Kogane, take you, Lance McClain, to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever. I will trust and honor you. I will love you faithfully through the best and the worst, through the difficult and the easy. Whatever may come, I will always be there. As I give you my hand to hold, I also give you my life to keep."

Lance couldn t help but smile even more. This time, both boys had a few tears on their faces.

"Do you, Lance McClain, take Keith Kogane to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And do you, Keith Kogane, take Lance McClain to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

And there we go! I really hope y'all enjoyed that! ~Alex/Miles