Chapter Five

Thresh's Pov

I had to think of a way to ask Finch. Then I got it. At the end of her favorite movie, Perks of being a Wallflower, I had them flash on screen 'Prom with me?' She squealed and kissed my cheek.

Finnick's Pov

Annie and I were walking along the beach, after school on Wednesday. Our shoes were off as we felt the water tickle our toes. We were walking when she stumbled across an odd shaped hole, a few inches deep. She backed up to read the words. PROM? She squealed and we kissed for a long time. "I'd love too, but I already have a date," she whispered. "Sorry." Tears filled my eyes and I wiped them away. Too late. They were down my face and I turned away. "That's fin-" I was interrupted by her kissing me. She laughed. Finnick, I was just kidding!" I was startled. All our friends jumped out with cameras, laughing. "Annie Cresta!" I yelled. I flung her over my shoulders and threw her in the water. She laughed and sprayed me with water. We ended up calling our parents that we would be late, since we ended up eating fish and chips. Who knew Annie could be a great prankster?

Blight's Pov

I asked Johanna by taking her to the arcade. She ran to her favorite: Slaughterhouse. When she turned it on she played, getting the top score as usual. At the end the screen read;

' Congratulations "Johanna"! You did so well you win first place and an amazing Prom night with Mr.Blight.'

Her eyes lit up and in bubbly letters it read "PROM?" Johanna squealed like a real girl. She hugged me, really happy.

Cato's Pov

"Man you need to speed up the process," Finnick said, interrupting my thoughts. Peeta was dazed off as well. It was Tuesday, Prom was in two weeks. "I mean c'mon, he said. "Me, Thresh, Marvel, and Blight already asked. Prom is soon. Clove and Katniss are pretty, smart, and athletic. You gotta ask before anyone else." I shared a glance with Peeta. We were at Finnick's eating cookies and coke in his living room. It was true. Katniss and Clove both didn't have dates and I needed to make my move. I've known her for two years and I scraped together every detail I knew about her, but I still didn't know how to ask. "And," Finnick continued. "I heard Michael Thomspon and Gloss Sanders have their eye on them." That made me upset. I've always hated Gloss, especially since he's in Delly's crew. But maybe Finn was right. Clove must be really upset as well, probably thinking I wasn't going to ask her. Then I had a plan.

Peeta and I were both asking them tonight at our place. I hope it went well. At Clove's place we watched a movie in her large room, when her parents went out. It was 20% watching and 80% snuggling. I snuck my arm around her waist and kissed her neck lightly. "Love you," I whispered. "Love you, too,"she whispered back. My hand felt the hem of her shirt and she slapped it hard. "Not now," she said pulling away. I dated a lot of girls over the past year and we went farther even though she was usually a fling. But I wasn't going to let this get to me. Clove's bed was big and she sat on the other side, far from my reach. I felt bad. "Sorry, Clover," I said reaching for her. "Mmhm," she said uncomfortably. She scooted farther and I made her look at me. "I'm really sorry, Clove. I promise I won't do it again." That convinced her and I pulled her in. I would never hurt her.

That night I brought her over for dinner, where Jacob, my older brother, wolf whistled. "Who is this fine lady?" he asked, smirking. Clove blushed like crazy and looked away. I glared at Jacob. "Back the hell off," I snapped. He raised his eyebrows. "Tsk tsk," he said waggling a finger at me. "Language." He left the house and Cassidy bounced down the stairs. She was only twelve and giggled. "Is this pretty girl your girlfriend?" she laughed. "Mom, Cato brought a girl!"

For dinner dinner we had spaghetti and I walked into the kitchen, preparing everything. "Hey," Mom said, walking in. "Another girl?" I frowned. I had brought a lot of dates home last year. "Yes Mom. But Clove is very special to me. Different. I love her." Mom smiled. "Ok. I really like her as well, you be good to her." I laughed. "You sound like her dad."

At the table I put down the tray of mini cupcakes. They were purple and tiny, spelling out PROM? Clove was in the restroom and and I handed mom a camera. I had been making Clove a surprise present, memories of us. From freshman year to now. Pictures filled with us at the park, eating lunch, our first date at the movies, and this would be one of them. I turned off all the lights and put out candles. Cassidy looked surprised. I never did this with other girls, just dinner and goodbye. But the girls were just to get my mind off Clove. It never worked. Clove then came out, her purple dress beautiful. She saw and I held out a rose. "Clove Kentwell, will you go to the Prom with me?" Her eyes filled with tears and she practically threw herself at me. "A million times yes!"

Peeta's Pov

After our dinner of steak and potatoes I took Katniss to the living room. I got down on one knee and held out her favorite flowers, tulips. "Katniss Everdeen, ever since I laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one. You're amazing, smart, athletic, kind, and beautiful. Will you do the me the pleasure and go to the Prom with me?" Her eyes were filled with joy. "Of co-" the door burst open to my dad. "Peeta Mellark!" he roared. I was surprised, he was usually a quiet man. "You are to young to get married! To young!" I stood up. "Dad! I am not getting married! I was asking her to Prom!" Das looked embarrassed. "Oh. Sorry." He closed the door and I shook my head. "I'm sorry-" I looked to see Katniss giggling. "I like your dad, Peeta. And to answer, yes, I would love to go to Prom with you."