Chapter Six

Annie's Pov

All of girls and I were super happy all week. We didn't even complain when Mr. Betee gave us extra science home work, which surprised him. In Miss Wiress's class I even got partnered up in a group with Delly and Smelly Gabe, for the next few days of our math project, yet nothing ruined my mood. I was even more cheerful than usual and even Johanna was less cranky. She didn't insult anyone, get suspended for a day, or punch anyone. New record.

The boys were happy, too. We were a bit nervous for Katniss and Clove, but when we found out they got asked, we all squealed. Prom was all everybody talked about at school. Lucille and Delly kept begging to be Cato and Peeta's dates, earning ferocious glares from Clove and Katniss. I knew Clove kept a knife(from Cato)in her boot and a mini one in her phone case and wasn't afraid to use it.

After a pleasant week of school I flopped on my bed, exhausted. I stayed up all night finishing the extra homework, not knowing he gave us so much. I was about to fall asleep when the door burst open. The gang was there and I groaned. "Who let you in?" I said grumpily. Finnick grabbed me out of bed. "Your mom and c'mon. Movie day at Clove's."

I lazily packed pajamas and shoved my phone in my duffel bag, a nice teal one. And cheese spray, in case. I met the gang in Finnick's big van, him and I in the front, Cato, Clove, Johanna and Blight in the first row, Katniss,Peeta, Marvel, and Glimmer in the second, and Gale, Madge, Finch and Thresh in the back. We have a pretty big gang. On the way we picked up a large load of cheeseburgers, fries, and cokes. As we pulled up I gasped. Clove's house was huge. We greeted her parents, who seemed nice and popped in a DVD, and watched Mean Girls.

After we played Truth or Dare and some of them made memories, like Katniss called Mrs. Everdeen to say she got pregnant. There was screaming as Katniss tried to calm her mom down. She constantly yelled, "It was a dare!" in the phone and kept shooting Marvel nasty glares. It was really funny.Also Cato went to the neighbor's house and jumped in their pool. He ran out and we laughed liked crazy. The neighbors freaked and threatened to call the cops. Clove was choking with laughter. After a while we headed back to the living room and watched a bunch of movies, stuffing our faces with popcorn. We all get into our sleeping bags and I cuddled up next to Finnick, who stroked my hair gently.

Peeta's Pov

I sleep between Katniss and Cato, hoping to find sleep. But Cato snored every few minutes and when he stopped, I was relieved. But a minute later he would go off all over again. Then Katniss would start humming Prim's name in her sleep. Then Thresh's gruff kicking in his sleep and Finnick muttering 'sugar cubes,' in his sleep. It didn't seem to bother anyone else but me. It was like their own musical: (Cato's snoring-zzzz)...Prim, Primmy...zzzZZZ....suhar cubes,sugary sugar....*kicks loudly....zzzzZZZ... Primmy...

Everyone seemed rather cheerful in the morning except me. I was cranky and picked at my food. "Peeta, are you okay?" Katniss asked. "I'm fine," I snapped. She put her hands up. "Okay, okay," she said, and at breakfast she talked to Clove. I sighed. I was just extremely tired.

Clove's parents gave her a handful of money before we left. Her stepdad, Plutarch, have her handfuls of money before we left. Ever since she moved her dad had gotten a very good job. She pushed the money in her purple bag, the one with the golden chains. It was leather and small with a silver 'C' clip. It had mini diamonds and it was a very long chain. It hung down to her waste. I remember the girls getting her that and globs of makeup for her birthday. Cato got her a special dagger with her name carved on one side and his on the other.We got her knives and punching bag printed with Delly's crew's faces. She liked that.

At the mall we separated, girls and boys. The girls squealed and zoomed all over the mall. We had a big group of guys so we separated again. It was me, Finnick, and Cato on one side and Marvel, Blight, Gale,and Thresh on the other. Once we split up we headed for a bunch if stores. I saw a suit, another, and another. I tried on over five suits with thousands of ties and shoes. I was exhausted.

Katniss's Pov

We split up and shopped everywhere. I got in with Clove and Annie and the second group was Madge, Johanna, Glimmer, and Finch. Our group went to Clove's favorite, Winterday. We tried in clothes for hours, until she finally picked her dress, accessories, and shoes. We shopped until we all had dresses and met up with the other girls. We squealed when we saw each other's dresses, even Johanna. The guys smiled when they saw us. "What's in the pretty bag, girls?" Finnick asked with a sly smile. "What's in yours?" Clove asked back. He grinned. "See for yourself!" We peered in to see sugar cube packages. Yep. That's Finnick. We spent the day talking and laughing. Prom, here we come!