Fourteen - Morning Practice

February 8th, 1976, 6:00 AM

3rd POV

"We have to go to detention tonight because of you, Lynn." Sirius sighed, trudging down the steps to the pitch and walking farther away from the castle.

I scoffed, "Because of me? We were all in it, Black!"

"Oi, last name," James chuckled from the other side of me, "That's rough." James seemed to be a bit out of it today, possibly because I made them wake up at six to practice with me, even though I was competing with them. James spoke again, this time calling me by my shortened Marauders name, "Jag, why doesn't Lily like me?"

Sirius snorted as I glared daggers at him, little shit, "Well, James, maybe if you didn't pester her every day she might talk to you." He just sighed and nodded, which was very un-James like as well. I threw the thought away and mounted my broom to fly the rest of the way to pitch. The wind pushed my hair from my face and the cold air pricked my skin, but I didn't mind. I needed to clear my head.

- - -

"Come on, let's go eat," I sighed, getting off my broom and stomping my way to the tower. Sirius may have beat me. Little shit.

I stuffed my face with eggs, toast, pancakes, and waffles as I had a very big appetite this morning. Eve's eyes looked like saucers as I shoveled bite after bite into my mouth. Sirius, who sat across from me, snickered every time I swallowed a mouthful. "Wha?" I said through a mouth of bread and sausage.

"You shouldn't eat that much, it's not good for you," Evelyn scolded.

"She's right," I could hear Lily smirk behind her copy of the Daily Prophet.

"When have you two ever scolded me for eating? I thought you always wanted me to eat more because of how thin I was," Lily and Evelyn accept this and don't answer any more questions. We all break out into laughter at this silence, and the happiness among us was stronger than any others' in the room.

- - -

With one hour before our detention, James, Sirius, Peter, Remus, and I had some fun in the library. We made flying paper airplanes and other fun things that didn't give us more detention. I was the one who ensured that. As that time neared the end, I collected all of us and we made our way to Ravenclaw Tower to see Professor Flitwick. I had no idea what he wanted us to do, but didn't expect it to be good, considering the mess we made.

Remus was the one who knocked on Flitwick's door. As it opened, we all craned our necks downward to the tiny man. "Ahh, the normal troublemakers sent from Dumbledore, and... Miss Alexanders? I certainly did not expect you here. What have you done, or are you just walking them here?"

"No, Professor," I sighed, "I was the brains of the operation."

"Oh dear," was all he said as he turned and beckoned us into his cluttered office.

"Well, as you see, my office is a bit messy this evening, so for your first detention, you will have to help me clean it." The four of us looked at each other, as if simultaneously groaning at the long night ahead.

- -

hi sorry for the trash chapter