27. The Parting

Cute banner by... I can't read the hand writing lol, but it says in the banner! It's so mellow I love it.

"Carrots." I guessed.

"Nope." Dustin replied, shaking his head up at me with a smug grin.

"Do you see any carrots around here?" Tyler asked me with an 'are you stupid' look.

"There probably are some carrots around here in one of these restaurants." Max backed me up, looking around the large airport at the many restaurants surrounding us.

We were all currently sat on the airport chairs where our gate was, waiting for our flight. Since we all had nothing better to do, Dustin suggested we play I-spy. I was all up for it, and eventually the rest joined in. Nathan and Jordan had left us a few minutes ago to grab some coffee and I literally had to be restrained by Landon from going with them.

Ever since I woke up this morning, I have not left Nathan's side. Of course except for when he went to go pee, but even then I waited outside the door like the overly attached girlfriend that I was. He was leaving me for who knows how long, so of course I wasn't going to miss a single second with him. Sue me.

Luckily I wasn't the only one feeling this way. Nathan was also having some troubles keeping his hands off of me. If it hadn't been for Tyler's loud protests and Max's inappropriate comments, we probably would be glued together right now. But Jordan had to literally drag Nathan off of me as he ordered him to get us all some coffee while I was being held back by an amused Landon. It was like they enjoyed torturing us. They didn't know what we had.

"Is it that orange cone over there?" Landon asked now, pointing out the large window in front of our seats that gave us a full view of the airplane we were to soon board. There were busy workers and moving vehicles all scattered around the massive plane.

"No." Dustin shot down another guess, enjoying our frustration as we all groaned.

"Can we at least have a clue then?" I asked him this time pleadingly. We had probably already named off fifty orange items around us but had not guessed correctly yet.

The kid was good.

"Okay. It's in this area." Dustin said, gesturing around us.

"You mean in this gate?" Landon asked.

Dustin nodded, careful not to glance around and give himself away.

Like I said, this kid was a pro at this game.

My eyes moved around the room, searching for anything orange, when my eyes landed on the hottest guy I've ever seen walking towards me.

My heart beat picked up in excitement as I grinned at my boyfriend who had two trays of coffees in his hands, Jordan trailing alongside.

"Miss me?" Nathan asked in amusement as he finally reached us and took a seat next to me, leaning close to place a soft kiss on my cheek.

"More than what is healthy." I muttered with a frown, grabbing a coffee off the tray.

"The only thing unhealthy is the amount of sugar and cream you asked for. Even the barista looked at me as if I was asking to get diabetes." Nathan cringed, looking at the delicious cup of coffee in my hands in disgust.

"Whatever. It's worth the risk." I shrugged, before taking a small sip. I sighed in content.

Nathan just shook his head at me, before handing out the rest of the coffees to everyone and settling back beside me, him and Jordan joining the impossible game of I-spy now.

"Oh my god it's that purse over there isn't it!?" Landon suddenly burst out, looking as if he had solved the world's hardest puzzle. Actually, he probably had.