Epilogue

"I can't wait until the day I get to poke and probe you for hours." I grumbled at my best friend through the mirror.

"That probably won't be for another ten years." Jess replied with a sigh. "Plus, you're going to shock Nathan so much that he's going to have heart failure." Jess giggled like it was cute when in reality it was a horrible thing that could happen and it only made her seem more like a masochist.

"Hey, Sky's already stressed out enough, you don't need to put these horrific scenarios in her head!" Ella chided as she walked in with a plate of cookies and quickly shut the door behind her.

"The only reason I'm stressed is because of all the pain you guys are putting me through. Like why can't I just walk down the aisle in my white onesie and get it over with? Nathan even has a matching one!" I shook my head, then reached out for my cookies I had ordered.

"What are those?" Jess squealed as her hand that was somewhere lost in my hair froze.

"None of your business." I mumbled through the mouthful of delicious chocolate chip cookies I had quickly stuffed in my mouth.

"You brought her COOKIES!?" Jess screamed at Ella, causing me to shrink back in my chair.

If this was how she acted as a bridesmaid, I'd be terrified to see the day when Tyler finally manned up and proposed to her.

Yes that's right. My brother and my best friend had a thing. They were so deeply in love but also so deeply stupid to realize it.

"She blackmailed me into doing it!" Ella defensively pointed at me. "Plus, it's her special day, she should be able to eat whatever she wants."

I shot her a grateful smile, which was quickly wiped off as Jess' hand somehow escaped from the forest that was my hair and darted forward for my beloveds.

"NO!" I screamed, getting out of my seat and running across the room with the plate safely cradled in my arms and away from the big bad Jess monster.

"Skylar put those cookies down right now!" Jess ordered, stomping her foot for emphasis.

I simply stuffed another one into my mouth and gave her a sugary smile. Pun intended.

Jess gasped at my actions while Ella slowly backed away to a safe corner.

"Skylar the idiot MacCallum, you can't have those!" Jess spoke in a calmer tone. She was still yelling, but it was calm for her.

"Why not?" I yelled back, while bringing my third cookie to my mouth.

"Because it will make you bloated! We barely got you into that size zero dress and I'm not going to throw away all those crunches and squats we did leading up to this day for some stupid cookies!"

I gasped. "It's okay, she didn't mean it." I whispered to my babies. My head shot back up to glare at the monster trying to come between my cookies and I.

It had been tough. Jess would stop by each day just to make sure I hadn't stocked up my kitchen with a single trace of dessert or anything fattening. She was like my own personal trainer. Except she was also the spawn of Satan at the same time. She had taken my wedding into her own hands, along with the help of Ella, making sure everything would be perfected. I adored the girl for all she had done to make today perfect for me, but I at least deserved a few cookies after having endured her merciless boot camp.

Just as I was about to tell her she could stick some celery up her behind, the door burst open and a frantic Tyler strode in.

"What the hell is going on!? You were supposed to be downstairs two minutes ago!" Tyler yelled at me. He looked between the cookies in my arms and the fuming Jess, and it didn't even take more than five seconds for him to understand what was going on.