20. The Rebellion

This chick makes me the best banners --> @ethnicallyconfused

Shock, surprise, panic, uncertainty, amusement. Those were all the emotions I had been expecting to see in Nathan's eyes.

Yet instead, I watched as his pupils dilated over his striking green eyes and his next words struck me to the core. "I love you too, Skylar."

I felt... full. I felt complete. I felt any and all anxiety, doubt, and worry leave my body at once. I felt the genuine reciprocation of the emotion through his eyes, through his words, and through his overall presence as he held me close to him in bed.

I blinked past my shock and let my face break out into a huge smile. "I was scared you wouldn't say it back." I admitted.

"I was scared I was the only one who felt it." He replied.

I looked up at the man that I now undoubtedly loved and felt my heart swell. I felt closer to him than ever, and felt like I was truly floating on clouds. And he was right there with me.

He pulled me closer slowly and took in my face, his eyes burning fully now with that emotion which was once unknown to me. I let my love for him fully shine too. It was in everything. The way he gently held my waist, the way he looked at me, the way I rested my hands against his chest.

Then, ever so slowly, we moved closer and our eyes fluttered shut as we kissed for the first time in love. I felt the sparks stronger than ever and let my body fill with electrifying life and love.

Once we pulled away, Nathan rested his forehead against mine, his striking green eyes more emerald than ever. Then he told me the three sweetest words that I loved.

"I love you." He breathed out.

I pulled him into a sweet kiss before replying. "I love you."

We lay like that for a while, sharing kisses and confessions for a while until we dozed off.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face, glad that this wasn't all just a dream.

Not only was I dating my kidnapper and constructing a plan to help him out, I fell deeply in love with him through it all. It may seem crazy, but crazy was basically my middle name by now.

I was crazily, madly, deeply, truly, and eternally in love with my sexy kidnapper. And him feeling the same way was the sweetest frosting on the cake.

-

"Skylar."

Yes sheep?

"Hey, Skylar."

Hey sheep.

"Skylar."

What?

"Skylar, I swear."

Now now, no need for profanities.

"You asked for it."

Before I could ask what the fluffy white sheep was talking about, a sudden force jerked me awake.

I suddenly sat up, spluttering out the ice cold water some dead man had decided to throw on me.

After getting my now wet hair out of my face, I looked around madly for the culprit.

Ah. Of course. Who else would it be?

"Rise 'n' shine beautiful." A saccharine Nathan said with a smirk.

"Did you manage to call an undertaker?" I asked him with a small frown.

"What?" Nathan's smug look slightly faded as confusion clouded his eyes.