•13•

Rosalie's POV

After Carlisle had bit him, we had taken Asher to our home. He has been laying in my bed for the past 2 and a half days. His skin was healing and he seemed flawless. His skin was paler and he seemed to have buffed out just a little bit more. He was supposed to be waking up in a few hours.

I hadn't left his side since we had brought him here. My hand remained clutching his and I just spent my days and my nights watching him, waiting for my mate to wake up. Carlisle had to bite Asher right there in front of all of those police officers.

Luckily, we had Serena with us so she used her gift to temporarily stun them long enough for us to get away, leaving them with no memories.

Three people were reported dead from that night. Eric Daly, Jonathan Deem, and Asher. I knew once Asher woke up, we would have to leave. But I didn't care. As long as my mate was safe and alive with me, I'd be satisfied.

I reached up and pushed his hair away from his face. His hair was now more of light brownish color, almost bronze like Edward's. It seemed that when he was bitten, the venom had gotten rid of the chemicals in his hair and brought out his natural color. I much preferred this color than his platinum blond hair color.

I listened silently to the weakening heartbeat of my mate, until it abruptly stopped. I jerked up straight, my eyes on Asher's face. I waited for Asher to open his eyes. And he did abruptly.

I almost frowned when his old blue eyes were replaced with the red eyes of a newborn. I was going to miss those eyes of his. But I was still happy to see he was alive. He sat up at an inhuman pace and looked around quickly. His eyes darting around my bedroom, taking everything in as if this was the first time he had ever been in here. He was looking at my room with new eyes and I knew it was going to take some getting used to for him.

He climbed out of my bed and raced to my window with incredible speed. He looked out it silently before using his speed to rush towards my mirror. He took in his features silently and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Asher," I spoke his name softly, causing him to turn his head in my direction quickly. He smiled when he saw me and he used his speed to stand before me. I looked up at him and reached up to stroke the side of his face with the tips of my fingers.

He wrapped his arms around me quickly and hugged me against him tightly. I relaxed against him, laughing softly. When he squeezed me a little too hard, I pushed slightly at his chest. He released me and looked down at me in slight confusion, hurt evident in his red eyes.

"You're a lot stronger than me now," I smiled softly up at him.

"Oh," He said and I shook my head, looking at me. He looked at me silently, reaching out to push a strand of my hair away from my ear, "Rose...I-."

"I know. But it wasn't your fault. We all get angry sometimes," I promised Asher, looking up at him, "You were human. You were angry and hurt. It's over now. You can't do anything to change the past. All you can do is move on. I'm not mad at you, Asher. I promise."

He sighed in what I assumed to be relief. He wrapped his arms around my body, hugging me gently as not to crush me. I wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his chest.

"I love you," he whispered softly. I pulled my head away from his chest and looked up at him, smiling softly.

"I love you," I said.

"Always," he stated.

"And forever," I promised. I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, while his arms wrapped around my waist. He lifted me slightly off of the ground with ease and he leaned down to press his lips against mine.

This kiss felt like our first one all over again. I felt every piece of it. Every emotion, every movement of Ashe's lips against mine. Our lips molded together perfectly. Fire and Ice never blended so well together.

"Damn it, Rosalie. We wanna see our new brother too. Stop hogging him," I heard Emmett very clearly from downstairs. I frowned as I pulled away from Asher and he chuckled lowly, setting me back down on the ground.

"I hate him sometimes," I said as I rolled my eyes. Asher grinned at me, chuckling lowly.

"No, you don't. You love him," he flashed me a small smile.

"Asher's right," Emmett said from downstairs, "Now hurry up."

Asher laughed as I rolled my eyes again. I held my hand out to him and he took it in his own, allowing me to lead him out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

We both wore smiles as we enter the room. Our whole family were all standing in the living room with their respective partners, Edward by himself. They all had matching smiles on their faces.

"Woah, you're not a natural blonde?" Emmett asked from his spot behind Serena. I laughed as Asher rolled his eyes, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into my side.

"No I died my hair to seem cool like James Dean," Asher said, with a slight grin.

"Welcome to the family," Esme spoke up, stepping towards Asher. She pulled him into a hug and he stiffened for a moment before hugging her back. He grinned at her.

"Thank you, Esme," He said.

"I knew you'd be one of us someday," Alice said as she skipped over and hugged Asher herself, "Now you're stuck with me forever."

Asher laughed as he hugged my tiny sister back.

"Whatever will I do?" Asher questioned and she just rolled her at him before returning to Jasper's side. Jasper grinned at Asher and stepped forward, grabbing his hand and shaking it firmly.

"Now I'm not the newest vegetarian anymore," Jasper teased and Asher grinned.

"Any tips for a newcomer?"

"Always listen to Alice. She'll tell you when something may happen," Jasper joked as he returned to his mate's side, kissing her head.

"Welcome to the family," Serena said as she winked at Asher.

"How are you feeling, Asher?" Carlisle asked my mate and I looked at him, awaiting his answer.

"I mean I feel pretty great, despite the burning in the back of my throat. It feels like my throat is on fire," Asher said. Emmett grinned at this as if it was the greatest thing he heard all day.

"It's feeding time," Emmett clapped his hands together.

"Come on," I stepped out of his embrace and grabbed his hand, "I'll show you how to hunt. I know the perfect place."

"Okay," Asher said as he followed after me."

"Have fun!" Emmett shouted after us as we used our speed to run out of the house and into the woods.

I held Asher's hand the entire time, never letting it go. We raced through the woods together. We jumped over a log together. We came to an abrupt stop in the middle of the woods. I grabbed his hands in mine and looked up at him.

"Close your eyes," I said and he did as he was told, "What do you hear?" I questioned.

"I can hear the chirping of a bird nesting in the tree about a mile away, a squirrel trying to get a nut a few feet away, an owl hooting and..." he froze when he heard it. The sound of a mountain lions roar. He opened his eyes and looked at me. I nodded my head once and I smirked as I watched him rush off towards the sound. I gave him a few minute head start before running off after him. I skidded to a stop before him just as he lifted his head from the cougar's neck. I smirked slightly as I looked at my mate.

"Not a drop spilt. You're so amazing," I said and he smirked at me as he stood up. He raced towards me, wrapping his arms around me and lifting me up slightly.

"Do we have to go back right now?" Asher asked me, looking down at me. I smirked at my as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I think the others can wait," I said to her. Asher smirked as he leaned down and slammed his lips firmly against mine, rushing towards a tree and slamming my back into it. I let out a cross between a moan and a growl as my nails dug into his shoulders.

It's safe to say we tore up that area of the forest. Luckily we were leaving because that was a sight.