•11•

Asher's POV
I walked out of my art class, hands in the pockets of my jeans. I walked to my locker with Eric, who was currently grilling me on some Northside/Southside issue that had arose in town.

It had been a solid month since Rosalie and I had gotten together. We were inseparable. I was always by her side and vice a versa. During our lunch period, I would either be with her in a study room or sitting at a table with her family in the cafeteria. The first time I had sat with them I had gotten a lot of looks from the Northsiders but one glare from my Rose and her brother, Emmett, all eyes looked away.

Emmett and I were actually pretty cool. I had connected with him over our shared love for Rosalie. Even though his love was different from my own, he still cared about as much as I did. He treated me like a brother would and often teased me about how much I cared about Rosalie.

Edward and I connected over our shared love in music. I played the guitar and he was a brilliant pianist. We would often be in the music room of their house, making music together when Rosalie was hunting.

Jasper and I connected over our love of books. He was always offering me a book or sharing the details of the latest book he read. I always went to Jasper when I felt myself needing to talk and Rosalie wasn't available. Not only did Jasper and I share the same taste in books, but we both had pasts we rather not talk about. Jasper was easily my best friend in all of the Cullen family.

Alice talked my ear off most of time. Most of the times, I would hardly be listening as she talked about shopping or clothes. She had tried to change my style countless of times but I reminded her often that I enjoyed the way I dressed. Alice and I connected even more because she had forgotten her past and I was trying to forget my own. We also had a shared taste in art. She was like a little sister to me.

Serena and I connected as well, but we weren't as close as I was with the other Cullens. She was someone I could easily talk to. She made me laugh quite often when she would use her gift on some of the others in our school or on Emmett.

It was safe to say the Cullens were like a second family to me. They were there when I was at my lowest point and they continued to be there when I needed them. I hadn't seen Gary much, or much of home since I've met the Cullens as I was always at their house or with Rosalie in our cave.

"There's going to be a rumble in two nights," Eric had said and I was brought from my thoughts as I looked at my friend in shock. I opened my locker, shoving my notebook inside.

"What?" I questioned, raising a single eyebrow.

"Weren't you listening to a word I said?" Eric asked me and I shrugged casually as I grabbed my jacket from my locker, slamming it shut.

"Not really, no," I said truthfully, leaning against my locker.

"Some Northsiders burned down Chilly's. We declared war on them and there is going to be a rumble in two nights," Eric said and my eyes widened at his words.

Chilly's was the Southside's bar. We all went there to drink and or just spend time with each other in the safety of our side. Chilly's was owned by Jamie Rider. He was like the father of all Southsiders. He looked out for us and took care of some of us.

"What? Why?" I questioned, looking down at my best friend, eyes narrowed.

"They were looking for you. And Jamie refused to tell them where you lived," Eric said. I frowned at that. They burned down a whole bar...our home bar...in search of me, "I told you associating with Cullens would be dangerous. But you don't listen. You never listen."

I sighed as I leaned my head against the lockers. I ran a hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry, Eric," I said. Eric scoffed and rolled his eyes at me, "I am...But I don't regret getting to know the Cullens. I don't regret being with Rosalie."