Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven (Gavin's POV)

"Did you do it?"

I felt like I had asked this a hundred times and Luka had yet to answer me fully as he packed our luggage, most of it being Kasper's new clothes and accessories, back into our car. Luka kept his back to me as he stood up, scanning our things before slamming the truck closed and turning to face me with one of his secret smiles.

"Your wish is my command, Prince Gavin." He answered swiftly. I scowled, folding my arms over my chest as I easily sized up Luka in physical strength and size.

"That's bullshit. Lich aren't exactly known for being loyal." I added, making Luka raise an eyebrow at me as if to challenge that claim before he smiled again, tugging his white gloves on more tightly before clasping his hands behind his back properly.

"You will know when the spell has worked, Prince Gavin. For now, be patient and enjoy the rest of eternity with your mate." He responded smoothly, then brushed past me to the driver's seat. I ground my teeth together.

I couldn't tell if Luka was messing around with me again or not. He loved to tease me, but soon found out why that was a mistake. I just really hoped there was no mistake this time...

I looked up as Kasper came out of the hotel, smiling at something the busboy was saying. All my worries flew away with the summer wind as I watched Kasper emerge into the sunlight. His black hair shown in the sun, his blue eyes sparkling as he laughed at the bus boy, who grinned at the attention. Kasper was wearing a black v-neck cardigan over a navy blue shirt to match a pair of slim washed jeans and he looked gorgeous.

He looked up and saw me, smiling warmly as he came over after thanking the bus boy for his help. I gestured for him to enter the car first and he obeyed as I got in behind him. Luka started the car and we were off, headed back home where I'd ravish Kasper for the rest of eternity-- if Luka did his job correctly, that is.

That still made me nervous. I glanced at Kasper, who was using his new Nikon camera to take pictures of the city. His eyes glowed in the neon lights as we passed by and my heart ached. I wanted to hold him right now, but jumping Kasper was still a bad idea.

We may have had sex, but he wasn't fully ready for anything hardcore. Not that I would do anything sick. I just always wanted to have sex in the bath tub, but I didn't tell Kasper that. He didn't need to know yet.

"So, once we get back," I began after some silence and we were out of the city, "I was thinking we go out for dinner. There's a nice restaurant in town that I'm sure you'll enjoy." Kasper blinked, then smiled at me, tilting his head.

"That sounds great. What sort of food is it?" He asked as he looked back at his camera, holding it up to take a picture of the country side. I smirked, leaning against the door as I folded one leg over the other, watching him.

"Italian. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. They have a large vegetarian menu." I replied. Kasper smiled, then stared out the window for a while, then looked back at me.

"Did you mention a bakery in your town before?" He asked, making me blink and look at him curiously.

"Yes, would you rather go there?" I questioned, but Kasper shook his head slowly, studying the scenery outside before looking at me a bit uneasily.

"I was wondering... if it'd be okay that I get a job." He spoke at last. I blinked, surprised and cast a quick glance at Luka, who seemed pretty surprised as well before smiling as if he expected it. I rolled my eyes at him, then looked back at Kasper, who was fiddling with his camera nervously, as if he were expecting me to get angry. Instead, I smiled.