Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen (Kasper's POV)

"Bye, bye, Kasper! See ya tomorrow!" Kailie waved before she ducked into the black stretch limo that rumbled on its way down the driveway. I smiled, waving them off before I stepped inside and shut the door, listening to the sound of its clack echo through the house. I paused, nibbling my lower lip before carefully coming back to the living room where Gavin was lying flopped on his back across the sofa, an arm draped over his eyes as he sighed tiredly.

I came up to the end of the sofa where his head was resting, then knelt down as he moved his arm to look up at me with a smile. He could smile all he wanted, but I knew he was still disgruntled about having my siblings here.

And I understood.

He didn't forgive them.

I wasn't going to convince him. It would be useless anyway. I felt a little warm inside, though, knowing that he was angry with them over me. I smiled back tentatively as he reached up to cup my face, pulling me down for a kiss before studying my face.

"You're so beautiful." He sighed with a lazy smile. I blushed, then closed my eyes for a moment, concentrating on the feel of his warm hands on my hot cheeks before I peeked my eyes open to see him still watching me.

"I'm sorry about Urian." I said after a while. Gavin blinked, then averted his eyes, his expression turning a little sour before he shrugged and swung himself up into a sitting position as I leaned back on my heels, looking up at him. He reached up, running his fingers through my hair before cupping my cheek. I reached up, covering his hand with mine and sighing.

"I never got to apologize to you." Gavin murmured. I blinked and peered up at him past my hair, studying his guilt stricken face, making me tilt my head in confusion. He leaned back on the sofa for a moment, covering the lower half of his face with his hand and it took me a moment to realize he was blushing, which only made my eyes widen.

"I was extremely rude to your family. You wanted to spend time with them and learn what had been happening with them, but I was being rude and selfish. It was very cruel of me and I apologize for that. I promise to behave next time." He added, clearing his throat as he gulped down his blush and glanced at me. I stared at him for a while before smiling warmly, leaning up to hug him around the waist, sitting on my knees on the floor in front of him. Gavin smiled hesitantly as he stroked my hair, putting an arm around my shoulders.

"Am I forgiven?" He asked.

"Quite." I replied softly, tilting my head up to look at him. He smiled and leaned down, kissing me on top of my head. I felt relaxed like this, just holding him and listening to his stomach squelch. I peered up at him, but he showed no signs of being hunger. I laughed a little.

"What's so funny?" Gavin asked, cocking a brow as he ran his fingers through my hair. I smiled shyly, my cheeks burning up.

"Your stomach makes weird noises." I told him. Gavin smirked.

"It's called getting butterflies."

"You're nervous?" I asked, perplexed, pulling back to look up at him. Gavin's smirk spread into a smile and I could see a tinge of the blush returning to his cheeks as he leaned back against the sofa.

"I have the person I love forgiving me and hugging on me. How could I not be nervous?" He asked, cocking his head in a way that made him look more boyish than vampire-ish. I blushed lightly, resting my head against his knee as I looked up at him.

"But you always seem... so composed." I murmured, reaching up to lace my fingers with Gavin's as he laughed softly.

"I'm a very good actor." He answered. I smiled, studying his fingers when I noticed the lump in his pants. I glanced up at him, but he was looking in opposite direction. He probably felt it from my hug, or did he get like this when he was nervous? I licked my lower lip carefully, feeling my cheeks burn.