Chapter Four

Chapter Four (Gavin's POV)

I wasn't surprised that by the afternoon, Naoki was wishing I was dead.

Luka arrived with the Lamborginiconcept estoque.and I couldn't be happier as I rushed out to meet him. He was wearing a black leather Armani jacket over a Guns & Roses t-shirt, matching his sleek jeans and black loafers. His blonde hair was ruffled by the wind, brushing over his piercing eyes.

"Thank the Goddess you came when you did." I greeted him. Luka looked at me curiously.

"How so?" He asked. I didn't respond. I didn't need to as Thorn, Naoki, and Kasper came out. Luka's eyes widened, flickering as he looked past me and I followed his eyes to the trio as they emerged from the house. I waited to see Kasper come out with at least a suitcase, but instead, he only held a small velvet pouch that sounded like it had stones in it.

"Is that all you own?" I asked him. He just nodded, not meeting my eyes and staring at the floor. I looked at Luka, but he was staring at Kasper. I sighed and met eyes with Thorn.

"I should hope there is no incident similiar to this morning," He muttered dryly, making me smile uneasily, "As Naoki stated before, we are not giving Kasper to you. If the Goddess wills that the two of you be together, then so shall it be as we aren't worthy to delve into Her affairs."

"I couldn't agree more." I answered. Thorn still didn't look pleased, but said nothing more as he turned to Kasper, who didn't look at him. I could see the pain this caused Thorn and Naoki as they shared looks.

"Kasper, please don't do this," Naoki pleaded, "It's not a punishment. Prince Gavin has more money than we do and debt isn't even a problem. Once you're mated, you will be at the same status he's at and you can have so much more than we can offer you. You'll have your own things, your own clothes."

Kasper didn't respond, just stared at the ground with this blank, hooded stare as if he couldn't careless about what would happen to him. I frowned as Naoki kept trying to cheer him up, but it was useless and Thorn saw this. He placed his hand on Naoki's shoulder to silence him before looking at Kasper.

"I know you can hear what I'm saying, Kasper. So listen well," Thorn began gently, but firmly, "Each person in this world has a purpose. Along the way are obstacles. You've dealt with many obstacles, more than the average person, but Gavin is here to help you now. You don't need to do it alone... and if something should ever happen, Naoki and I will be waiting." His eyes flew to me for a split second before he departed, taking Naoki by the hand and leading him away.

"You seem popular." Luka commented to me dryly. I shrugged him off and opened the door to the back seat, smiling warmly.

"Time to go home." I stated. Kasper said nothing, just closed his eyes for a moment, biting his lip before obeying as he slid into the back seat. I glanced at Luka, who held up his hands before getting into the car, starting the engine as I got in the back seat with Kasper.

My manor wasn't far from the Lithium Mansion, but I hated walking, especially when there was no music to fill in the awkward silence. I was thankful when Luka turned on the radio. I was just annoyed that it was AC/DC's Highway To Hell. I watched Kasper cover his face, grimacing. I cleared my throat and Luka grinned quickly before changing the song to Tiesto's Escape Me.

"Why do you have a bag of stones?" I asked, watching Kasper stroke the black velvet bag. He glanced at me pointedly, then turned his head away from me instantly. I rolled my eyes, catching Luka's smirk in the rear view mirror, making me glare at him. He coughed loudly.

"So, Master Kasper... Is that what I call him from now on or is there another royal title I don't know about?" Luka asked, looking sincerely confused.