Chapter 16

Liam and I slept on the couch itself without even realizing it. And the loud thumping of the door and the continuous ringing of the doorbell woke both of us up in the morning.

I went to open the door while Liam started arranging the photographs and the other stuff in the room which I was showing him last night.

I opened the door to find Harry.

“Hey...” He said in a rough voice with a smile spread across his face knowing it very well that even his smile wasn’t going to make amends for what he said yesterday.

“We’re not talking from now onwards.“ I said giving him the look he deserved and as I was just about to close the door, he pushed it and entered my house.

“What’s your problem? I told you that I’m not going to talk to you ever again.” I shouted.

“Hey hey hey, Zara, please calm down. Look. I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean any of the things I said yesterday. Not a single one. I promise...Just please listen to me once Zara.” He pleaded.

“I am not taking any of your bullshit today.” I yelled again.

Liam noticed the change of my tone and the voice level and jumped in to save Harry.

“Zara, calm down. Let him at least give a chance to justify his words. At least listen to him once. Please.” Liam said.

“He’ll again make up stories and get away with everything he said. He does it every time Liam. And I’m tired of this thing now.” I said in a comparatively low voice.

“I’ll not do this again, I promise! But at least listen to me first.” Harry said.

“See, this is the last time he’s talked to you like that.” Liam said and I sighed.

Harry always fought with me for no reason and then he used to come back pleading that he will never do any such thing again. But again he used to repeat everything. And Liam would always defend him by saying that it was good for me to fight with Harry over silly things as it brings out the childish side of me because in our two year old relationship, Liam and I had never fought. Never ever. And that was always because I never cared to think of anything so much so as to fight with Liam but Harry...phew. But this time, I wasn’t going to listen to him.

When I did not respond in any way, Harry did.

“Zara, you knew I was upset right? Yes, I was upset but I lied to you that I wasn’t. And when you kept on pushing me why I was upset, I lost my mind and said things which I didn’t even mean. I’m sorry Zara, I really am. Forgive me please. Please.” He said and my head cooled a bit and he noticed that.

“And I know it’s not that a big deal for you to forgive your best friend, is it?” He said and Liam smiled at me.

I looked at both of them and they smiled. They knew they had got what they wanted. And I hated myself for letting go of my anger so easily. But this was how I was. And they both knew it.

I sighed and they both again smiled which made me laugh too. And then we all started laughing and suddenly I noticed the time and the smile vanished.

“Oh my goodness, look at the time! I’m so late for office. It’s eight already and I have a show at nine. I’m so late and Jane and Alan are going to kill me today. Oh my god, six missed calls already.” I said checking my phone.

“Yeah, you better hurry up now.” Liam said.

“And I better leave now unless you need me to drop you at your office. Or Liam will do it?” Harry asked.