Chapter 3

“I can tell by just looking at your eyes that you’ve been crying.” He said softly.

“No, it’s just…..”I lied & cut myself off trying not to say anything in front of him.

Not that he didn't know anything about it. He knew each and every thing about what happened that night. His whole family knew. I never talked about all that with anyone. But Ruth knew everything. She was with Steve that night when they were trying to find me. And she told everyone in their family and Liam too.

“I know the reason why you said no today.” He said making me come back from my thoughts.

I looked at him, tears filling my eyes again.

“I’ll not pressurize you for anything Zara but I just want you to do me a favor.” He said, raising my face, his chocolate brown eyes meeting mine and his hands wiping the tears off my cheeks.

“And wh...What’s that?” I stammered.

“I know you’ve never talked about anything that happened that night with anyone and I can very well understand your pain. But you have to move on love! You have to get over your past. It’s been two years since that. You have to talk it all out because you know what? You’re just piling your heart up with all the pain and it’s causing you even more pain. I have never asked you to tell me anything but I’ve told you a million times to share your feelings with someone so that you don’t remain with the guilt forever. It was not your fault that you killed him. It was an accident. Why don’t you get that?”

Tears again started falling from my eyes. Actually, they never stopped. Only the frequency increased.

“I…I...”I tried to speak but couldn’t.

“Today there’s no escaping. You are going to tell me everything. From the beginning. How you came to London, How you met Steve, What made James kidnap you and try to….you know. Everything.”He said in a very commanding tone.

Liam had never talked to me like that before so it was surprising for me to hear him like that. But even though his tone was commanding, it was full of concern.

“You know I can’t do that.” I said quietly.

“But you have to. I can’t stand you torturing yourself anymore. I’ve had enough. Actually, we have had enough. And I mean that.”

“Tell me Zara, please. If you don’t want to do it for yourself, do it for me. I know you love me.”He said kissing my forehead.

“I loved him too and what did I do to him?”I replied, sobbing.

“I’m begging you Zara, please. Please tell me. I know it will make you better, make you suffer less. Please, for my sake.” He pleaded.

I never wanted to tell anyone all that. But that look in his eyes was so convincing, so understanding. And he was right also. I just couldn’t go like that, with all the pain in my heart forever.

“Please.”He repeated.

“Okay.”I managed to say, not sure where to start from or what to say.

“From the beginning. Everything.”He answered my thoughts.

I took a deep breath before I started turning the pages of my life back!

~~Sorry for yet another short chapter :( Actually I was travelling & I didn't get any time to write! But I think this chapter ends at the right point. The next chapter will see Zara telling Liam abt. her past, her life since her day 1 in London :) I hope you enjoy reading this book! Please keep voting & commenting. I love to read all of your lovely comments :) <3 ~~