Chapter 11

“What is wrong with you James? Give my phone back to me.” I said.

His appearance that day was really scary. Bloodshot eyes, blood stained knuckles.

“What did you say to Ella last night?” He asked.

“I just told her the truth, nothing else. And Truth is always harsh and I guess she was not able to handle it, that’s why she took the step which she shouldn’t have taken.” I said it all straight on his face.

“So you know about what has happened with her?” He asked.

“Yes, I do. Ruth told me.” I replied.

As soon as the words left my mouth, he got a hold of my arm and twisted it.

“And you’re still not ashamed of what you did to her? How could you do that to her? I lost my sister because of you and you think that you can live your life peacefully now? I won’t let you do that.” He barked.

“Leave my hand James; I don’t even know what you’re talking about?” My arm was hurting a lot.

 “Yes, you don’t know anything. You don’t know what she was going through. You don’t know what I’m going through. And you don’t know what you will go through, now.”

“James, please leave my hand. You’re hurting me now.” I pleaded.

“Do you know how much it hurts to see your sister lying dead in front of you?”

“What?” I gaped in horror. ”You mean Ella is no more?”

“Yes, she’s dead.”

“I’m really sorry James, I really am. I didn’t know that she will do something like this.”

“Just don’t utter a word now. Just DON’T. Don’t say anything which you do not mean.”

“I really mean it James, I’m really sorry. I never meant to do any such kind of thing and believe me, I never wanted to do anything which would hurt her or you like this.”

“But you still did all those things. Now, just see what I’m going to do with you.”

“Have you lost it James? What are you doing? Leave me, please. For god’s sake James, leave me.” I screamed as he dragged me along the bushes from my hair.

And then something hit my head and I lost consciousness.

When I regained consciousness, I found myself lying on floor. And I couldn’t recognize that place. The last thing which I was able to recollect was being dragged somewhere by James.

Then finally, I saw him.

I saw his feet moving towards me, slowly and slowly. Maybe he was enjoying my pain. I tried closing my eyes & forcing my brain to think that it was a nightmare. But it wasn’t. Everything was real. Harsh but real. I could still feel his feet padding slowly towards me and I could hear two people laughing loudly which I assumed to be his friends. I could taste my blood in my mouth & I had no strength to fight him. I shut my eyes & again forced my mind to process all of it.

‘No, I could not let this happen to me. No, I cannot let anyone do this to me. I have to be strong. I AM strong.’

With all the strength which was left, I tried to get up. I stumbled a no. of times & the sound of laughter grew in the room.

“What did you say that day in the club? That I can’t even touch you. Right?! Well today I’ll show you what I CAN do.” He said with a smirk.

“But I’m really enjoying all of this. You still think you can escape me? Oh Poor baby!” He said watching me struggle. And they all burst into laughter again.

“Well, I have all the time in this world to do what I want to do with you...Oops what I CAN do to you. And I promise that you’ll suffer more than my sister.”

“And that good-for-nothing boyfriend of yours can also not come here and save you.” One of the other two said.

I really wished Steve could come there & save me somehow.

But there was no time for me thinking the things which were not possible. So I stood up and started walking towards him. And I could easily see the delightfulness on his face.

“So, you’re giving in finally….eh? Making my work easy?” He said and then I did the unimaginable then. I leaned onto him. And at least I got him thinking that I was hugging him. He was obviously shocked & taken aback.

But within a few seconds, I was again at a great deal of distance from him with his gun in my hand & I was pointing it to him.

I thought I would scare the shit out of them but I got the total opposite reaction.

They all burst into a fit of laughter.

“You think you can shoot me with that? Do you even know how to handle a revolver?”

And he was right. I didn’t know a thing about guns. I was having one in my hand for the first time in my life. But there was no way I was going to give up on my life so soon.

He got up & started moving towards me.

“Stay away or I’ll shoot”. I said.

“You don’t even know how to hold it in first place & you say that you will shoot me”.

“Yes I’ll shoot you down. Let me go or you will have to pay through your life”.

“Pay through my life?????” He laughed again.

Then I heard some noises at the door & imagining the worst I tightened my grip over the gun.

As the door flung open, I shot him down.

~~

“I killed him Liam, I killed him, I killed Steve.” I said and burst into tears.

~~ Early update! :D This time I've updated 3 times in a week but still I was not able to get good amount of votes and comments :( 

But now I'm not going to update till I get a decent amount of votes and comments. I hope you all will do that for me :)

So please let me know what do you think of the story so far plus this chapter. And one more thing, This is the end of Zara's dark past and now her story with Liam will continue :) I hope you all enjoy this story :) Thankyou xxx

~~