Chapter 15

[Song of the chapter is 'Kiss me Slowly' by parachute. I hope you all will enjoy it :D]

Liam slept with his arms wrapped tightly around me and it took me more than fifteen minutes to get out of his tight grip over my waist without waking him up.

He looks like an innocent five year old when he sleeps. So calm and beautiful. And I could just sit there at that time and admire him like that.

But, seconds later, the thought of Harry eloping to L.A. crossed my mind and I immediately took my phone, went to the other room and dialled his number, hoping that he would answer it this time and thankfully he did.

“What happened Zara?” He immediately blurted after picking up the phone.

“What happened? What are you talking about, Harry? I should be the one asking you that question. What happened? Why did you go to L.A. suddenly without informing anyone out here?” I responded trying to keep my tone as low as possible as I didn’t want Liam to wake up.

“First you tell me what happened. I just saw Liam’s weird tweet which he apparently tweeted a few hours ago.”

“Tweet? What tweet?” I cut him.

“He tweeted this. Wait a sec. Yeah, so it’s here: Extreme Excitement, Sadness, then a little bit of happiness. And this was followed by a confused smiley. So tell me. What is this about? He proposed you last night right? So what reply you gave to make him tweet this shit?” He asked.

I took a deep sigh. So Liam had tweeted that after he left me in the morning that day. That was what he was talking about, to Louis too.

“Zara, you still there?” Harry interrupted my thoughts.

“Umm......Yeah.” I replied.

“So tell me what happened. Liam is not a kind of a person to tweet confusing things like this. What did you say to him?”

“I.....I said No.” I said.

“Really?......I mean, What?” and he got me confused with this reply of his.

It sounded like he was glad that I said No but he tried to cover that up immediately by expressing shock.

Harry always confuses me with most of the things he says. It’s really very hard to guess what he’s thinking when he’s saying something. He was my one of my best friends but still it was really hard for me to understand him. And like every time, he confused me again.

 “You’re happy that I declined Liam’s proposal? Because you sound like that.” I spoke it all straight thinking that there should be no secrets or misunderstandings between best friends.

“No, I was kind of.....you know, it’s weird that you declined his proposal despite the fact that you love him. But why? Don’t you want to get married to him?” He asked and my thoughts about his reaction relaxed a little.

Maybe he was like this only. Himself CONFUSED. And sometimes idiotic too. But He is a person who could be at his serious best when required and also at his funniest and immature best as and when required. That was a great thing about him.

“Yes, I do want that to happen someday. But not now. And now can we please leave this topic? And you have to tell me what are you upset about which made you to suddenly board the flight to L.A. when you clearly knew that Liam was going to propose me in a day or two. Now tell me.”

“It’s nothing like that. I was not upset. I just came here to chill before the tour. That’s it.”

“Liar! Louis also told me that you were upset over something and I had also felt that when you didn’t call me or text me for five straight days. And then, you didn’t even care to tell anyone except Louis that you were going to L.A. Okay, let’s just leave this also. But you knew Liam was going to propose me and being my best mate, couldn’t you just stay here to witness this huge day of mine? And your phone was also off. What does this all mean, Harry?” I scolded him.