Chapter 29

Kye's POV

I woke up to hear the wonderful sound of Sakura yawning loudly. Rolling my eyes, I sat up to see everyone, with the exception of Dad, casually eating breakfast.

"Good morning Kye." Dad said from his comfortable seat on the floor.

"Morning."

"Nice bed head." Sakura greeted sarcastically.

I looked at myself in the small mirror hanging next to the door. First thing I noticed was my extremely thick, untamable, silver hair. Like normal, it was sticking up in odd places gives a messy look.

"Eh, it's actually better than usual." I shrugged.

Sitting down at the table, I poured myself a cup of tea.

"Naruto didn't come back again last night?" Ms. Tsunami asked with a worried expression.

"Huh?" I said with rice in my mouth.

"Ever since he heard your story, he's been climbing trees by himself. He probably used too much chakra and is probably dead by now." Sakura said with a casual air.

"Oh I hope he's alright. A child all alone at night in the woods is dangerous..." Ms Tsunami said almost to herself.

"I bet he's fine, he's pretty resilient." I said attempting to reassure her.

"Yeah, don't worry! He might not look it, but he's a true ninja." Dad said backing me up.

I noticed that Inari, Ms Tsunami's son, was just looking down quietly.

"Pfft, I don't know about that... It wouldn't surprise me if he was dead... the moron.." Sasuke suddenly glowered.

"Well you're just a ray of sunshine today, aren't you Sasuke? I responded sarcastically, still irked from being knocked out.

He just replied with a scoff, and walked out of the house.

-Time skip-

It's been a week since Zabuza's first attack, and I could tell Dad was anticipating another battle soon.

Dad, Sakura and I walked through the forest looking around for the boys.

"Where is Naruto?" I asked with a stick of pocky in my mouth.

"He left late last night again." Dad replied with a sigh.

"Plus Sasuke, went off on a walk and hasn't come back... he's missing breakfast." Sakura mumbled.

Suddenly, a kunai knife was flung at our feet. Quickly looking up, I saw Naruto laying stomach parallel on a tree branch.

Seeing our surprised expressions

"What do you think? Look how high i can climb now!" He laughed.

"HAHAHA GREAT JOB RAMEN-HEAD!" I yelled up to him.

Naruto stood up on the branch, probably to come down, but stumbled and started falling off.

"AHH YOU IDIOT!" Sakura screamed.

I could see Dad tense, but as his reflexes were slow, he wouldn't be able to catch him in time.

I quickly gathered my chakra to try to jump and catch him.

Instead of falling, as if he had magnets on his feet, he stuck to the bottom of the tree branch grinning.

"HAHA JUST KIDDING!!" He yelled with a chuckle.

I sighed in relief.

"NARUTO YOU IDIOT YOU SCARED ME!!!" Sakura shrieked angrily.

Dad's reaction was tamer, but I could see his eyes narrow in an annoyed expression.

"Naruto stop trying to give us heart attacks please" I called up to him.

"Alright alright." He responded.

Suddenly, his feet unstuck from the branch.

"NARUTO SERIOUSLY STOP SHOWING OFF!" Sakura roared.

Dad's visible eye was extremely wide a he was probably yelling in his head.

I didn't really think much of it, because he was probably just joking again.

Unfortunately, this was not a joke, and Naruto was screaming for real.

But instead of falling, he was caught by Sasuke who suddenly appeared.

"YAY SASUKE!" Sakura squealed her apparent anger disappearing.

"Duckbutt to the rescue..." I muttered taking out another piece of Pocky.

"And that's our adventure for today." Dad sighed.

-Time skip-

"196, 197, 198..." I was counting Dad's pushups, while sitting on him.

Although, instead of doing regular pushups, he was using a single finger.

"This is boring..." Sakura mumbled under her breath as she was also sitting on Dad's back.

Old man Tazuna was watching Dad, and abruptly interrupted my counting.

"I wanted to ask you earlier, but...why are you still here... when I lied to you about this mission?" Tazuna asked.

Dad continued to do pushups, and didn't respond imeadietlly.

"To abandon your duty is not courageous. Below the courageous, there is nothing. These are the previous Hokage's words." Dad quoted.

The old man didn't respond, so Dad continued.

"That is the way of the shinobi. Shinobis don't move because of money alone."