Chapter 21

DISCLAIMER: I DONT OWN THE ART THATS SHOWN, IF YOU OWN IT AND WANT ME TO TAKE IT DOWN,  I AM HAPPY TOO. 

A/N This is still in a flash-back/filler. 

By the time we found the rogues, the stars were peaking out to say hello. From a small opening in the trees, we could see a fire with several ninjas surrounding it.

We were positioned in a couple trees a bit away from the opening.

I nodded to Soto, and turned around to give Lee a grin and a thumbs up. Even though he didn't have any talents, he always persevered.

Soto stealthy creeped out of the tree, and onto the ground below. Looking around, he made a quick hand gesture, and I dropped down to him.

Once I joined Soto, we signaled Lee, who carefully climbed down the tree, instead of jumping.

Soto and I started making our way towards a large rock very near the opening, while Lee stayed behind to watch our backs.

Once we got to the rock, we were in ear shot of the cult.

"This is a risk staying out in the open like this.." one of the men stated.

"Ehh it's fine, besides, the base is just over that way." Another said pointing towards the mountainside.

After seeing where they pointed, Soto and I looked at each other and had a small moment of triumph.

"Yess! Useful information!"

Just as we were about to head back to Lee, we heard a yell and a thud. I started towards the trees, but Soto held me back.

"Wait." He murmured.

A burly ninja strode out into the opening with and unconscious Lee slung over his back.

"Lee!" I gasped almost silently.

"Found this one spying on us!" He said to the group.

"Oh then we'll have to give him the proper treatment at base." One of the ninjas sneered.

The ninjas all got up, put out the fire, and headed towards their headquarters.

We silently followed them to the opening of their base, which was inside a waterfall.

When we made sure nobody could see or hear us, we started to compile a plan to get lee back.

"How are we going to infiltrate that base and get lee!?!" I asked franticly.

"Calm down Kye... we'll get him back." Soto responded.

"I can't use the lighting tube, because it would reveal out location to the ninjas, and the proctors wouldn't get here in time..." I thought outloud.

"Well... I think we need to attempt to silently get in, and if that doesn't work, we just take everyone out." Soto stated.

"You're a genius Soto! Because we can take down an entire cult of rogue ninjas by ourselves!" I said sarcastically.

"I have a Jutsu I can use... it does take a lot of chakra though, so I can't do it very many times, but with your help..." Soto faded away.

As we continued to discuss our plan of action, we noticed that the guard who was stationed at the entrance to the waterfall was being changed.

Once the guard was stationed back, we started creeping towards the entrance. Soto quickly jumped in and took out the guard.

Although it was very quiet, the guard had a spear, and before Soto or I could grab it, it clattered to the ground. Chills went up my spine as the sound echoed into the cave.