Chapter 10

-Sasuke's POV-

"What? Our new sensei just told us to quit being ninjas, isn't he supposed to encourage us? Bah. This is ridiculous."

The yellow-haired loser Naruto started squirming around, and screamed.

"WHAT!?!? WHY DO WE HAVE TO QUIT, AND NOT KYE!?! SO WHAT WE COULDN'T GET THE BELLS BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN-" He objected.

I couldn't help but agree with him, the bell test is stupid, Kakashi should at least go easy on us. Also the only reason why Kye passes is probably because she is his daughter.

"Because you are all jerks who don't deserve to be shinobi, while Kye is different." Kakashi responded flatly.

My anger grew so much that I just had to smack the living daylights out of Kakashi. I grabbed a kunai and flew towards him, with the intent to kill.

Instead of hitting Kakashi, he easily grabbed my wrist and sat on top of me.

"This guy! One day I'll beat the crap out of you."

"No!!! DON'T SIT ON SASUKE LIKE HE'S A BUG OR SOMETHING!!!" Sakura screeched.

"Dang that girl is so annoying, she's practically worse than Naruto."

I tried to squirm free from Kakashi's grip, but didn't succeed.

"Why do you think you were placed on a four man team?" The sensei asked.

Sakura and Naruto both looked confused, while Kye was still sitting there like nothing was happening.

"You aren't understanding the answer to the test..." He continued.

"What do you mean, the answer?" Naruto asked, still confused.

Kye suddenly stood up.

"Uhg! The answer is teamwork you idiots." She scorned.

-Kye's POV-

I couldn't take it any longer, so I just blurted out the answer.

"We are all put on teams so we can work together to accomplish the goal!" I continued.

"What do you mean teamwork, there are only two bells!! Even if we work together, one of us will surely fail... " Sakura shot back at me.

"Of course! This test is purposely set up to make you fight amongst yourselves." Dad sighed. 

Sakura, and Naruto still had confused expressions on their faces, while Sasuke was angry as ever. 

"The purpose was to see if you could overcome our own interests and work together as a team under these designed circumstances." Dad continued to explain. 

"Sakura, all you were doing was worrying about Sasuke, when you could clearly see that Naruto was in trouble." 

"Naruto, you were just running around by yourself. Sasuke you assumed that the others were so beneath you that they would get in your way, so you went by yourself." 

"The only person who actually attempted to apply teamwork was Kye! She attempted to team up with Naruto, but you refused. Sakura, while you were under Genjutsu, Kye came and released it! Even though you should know how to release it yourself!" 

I thought that was a little harsh to point out everyone's faults, and then praise me. I could see that everyone was starting to feel ashamed. I would have pulled out my book if this wasn't such a serious conversation. 

"While individual strength is important, the strength of the team is what matters most! Individual play that disrupts the team can put your comrades at risk." Dad continued to lecture. 

Dad suddenly grabbed a Kunai knife and held it to Sasuke's throat. He told Sakura to kill Naruto and I or Sasuke dies. Fortunately it was only a demonstration, so nobody had to die. 

"See, this is something that could happen on a mission, so you need to work together as a team to figure your way out of a problem." He said.

Dad let go of Sasuke and stood up. 

"Alright, I'll give you guys one more chance...you have 3 more hours to get a bell, so eat your lunch and come find me. Kye will come with me, because she passed. Also, Naruto doesn't get lunch, because he tried to cheat. " 

He walked over to a cluster of trees and I followed closely. We watched as Sasuke and Sakura started eating their lunch. Naruto said something about not needing to eat, but then his stomach growled loudly. 

I looked over at Dad and asked, "Do you think they'll understand the point of the second chance?" 

"Who knows?" Was his reply. 

I could tell Dad was thinking about Uncle Obito, because he kept glancing towards the memorial stone. He comes and stares at the stone for hours almost everyday. When he comes, I go to a little cluster of rocks that I placed for Mom, and Ryuku. 

Lost in thought, I wasn't paying attention to my fellow teammates. Suddenly Dad disappeared in a puff of smoke and appeared right in front of a startled Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke. The skies turned black, and thunder roared above us. 

"YOU!!!!!" Dad yelled and pointed. 

Naruto said something that I couldn't hear, and Sasuke seemed to agree with him. Sakura was just covering her head with her hands. All of a sudden, the clouds parted and I hear dad say with a chuckle, "You pass." 

I walked over to them. 

"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum." Dad was stating. 

Everyone was relieved, including me. Dad said our first mission was tomorrow, and that we should meet up by the Hokage's office in the morning. 

We all happily walked home, with Naruto yelling behind us. 

A/N Hey guys, sorry for the badly written chapter. xD I was kinda doing this super quick cuz I was dragging it out too long... I'm gonna try to do the "Mission to the land of waves" pretty quick, but idk how many chapters it will be. Well, again, I'll try to post regularly, but I have a lot of things going on this summer. :) Bye!