Chapter 24

Kye's POV

"Tree climbing!?!" The others yelled.

"Yup" Dad stated calmely.

"What kind of training is that?" Sakura grumbled.

Naruto looked disappointed, while sasuke just scoffed.

"Well, if you'll listen, I can finish explaining." Dad sighed.

"This isn't normal tree-climbing. You'll have to climb without using your hands." Dad said.

"How the heck will we do that!?" Forehead questioned.

Naruto's face broke into a massive grin.

"Jeez, that kid's attitude can change as fast as I can snap my fingers..."

"To answer your question Sakura, watch this." Dad formed a hand sign and slowly made his way towards a gigantic tree.

He placed a foot smack down on the tree and started walking up.

"How the h**l!?!" Sakura exclaimed.

Sasuke's eye brows were attempting to escape from his forehead.

"HE'S CLIMBING THE TREE WITHOUT HIS FRICKEN HANDS!!!!" Naruto screamed.

"I can do that too." I stated nonchalantly.

I gathered my chakra to the bottom of my feet, and ran up the tree next to Dad.

"WHAT KYE YOU CAN DO IT TOO!?!" Naruto yelled again.

"Way to show off Kye..." Dad sighed.

I just grinned and flashed a peace sign.

As we stood upside down from a tree limb, Dad continued to explain how tree-climbing would help us in battle.

"Alright, I could talk about this all day, but that wouldn't help you progress." He threw three kunai at the feet of the others.

"Gather your chakra to the bottom of your feet. Then take the kunai and mark the tree to the highest point you can get. You might want to get a running start to help."

"I'm gonna get the highest and beat you Sasuke!" Naruto yelled and ran up the tree... and immediately fell back down.

Sasuke actually got up pretty high, but then his foot smooshed into the tree bark and he fell back down,

I looked down to expecting to see Sakura, but I was surprised to hear a high pitched yell, "Hey! This is fun!"

Sakura was sitting on the top branch of her tree.

"Ahh so it looks like the women of the team are the most advanced in chakra control." Dad taunted to the boys.

Sakura and I both laughed.

As Naruto and Sasuke kept inching up their trees, I grew extremely bored, since I had done this training before.

"Kye, why don't you go to the river and try the next technique." Dad suggested.

"Okay..." I sighed preparing to get extremely wet. 

A/N Hey guys, sorry this chap is kinda rushed, so the writing level is super low, I'll try to get through the Land of Waves ARC as fast as possible, cuz I know i've lingered on this ARC for too long. xD