The Voyage (part 14)

We're woken up by the sound of a cannon. I check my surroundings and see that none of the Careers that are in the cave with me are the ones who died. They soon wake up too to the sound of something else - a loud roar. We get that we're not the only things in here. We hear a stomping  and the ground rumbles beneath our feet like an earthquake each time we hear the stomping, indicating something humungous is coming our way.

 I don't know how or why it found us. Right when we're about to run, Clyde says, "You know what? More than half of the Careers are dead. I don't wanna be seen as a cowered and run away. It won't give my district any pride. Its the reason I volunteered to begin with. You guys with me or what?"

"Nah," I say, and me and Mona ditch his sorry ass. Just when we escape the cave I hear Clyde scream like a girl and I hear all sorts or snapping, tearing, and splattering, and then a boom. I wonder whatever the fuck that was... maybe some sort of goofy ass yeti. 

"Okay. Since we got that out the way, our plan was to go scavenging for the Careers, remember?" Mona asks. I nod my head. "Good. Thats where we'll go, so we can find more tributes. I would have killed you, but you're useful since I've seen you kill," she then says. Memories come back to me as I killed Daniel and the girl from District 6 I think. It takes us days to get to the top of the mountain, even though we were closer to it than we were before the storm. Maybe people are up there. Luckily, we see a bag of supplies laying on the ground. Must be someone who's died recently. I still see blood on the bag. We take a look inside and theres nothing there. I remember that we can only eat dead animals. 

Along the way, she eat two raw, since theres nothing to make a fire. When we're almost at the very top, Mona almost slips and falls, which would have sent her hundreds of feet down to her death. We spot some tributes in the distance down the mountain and start racing after them. The see us, but run away from something else. I hear a very loud rumbling and a shaking of the ground and it reminds me of whatever killed Ajax, but its much worse. Its hard to gain your balance. I take a look behind me and see an avalanche racing down the mountain, in our direction.