The 35th Games (Part 9)

Mountains and grasslands stretch as far as I can see. Theres the silver cornucopia, with Greir positioned next to a Career and a little girl. Most tributes are spying on each other, sizing each other out as usual, but Grier's eyes are fixated at the cornucopia.

"There was my mistake," Greir says to me as we're watching, "I ran for supplies," but its not like it matters, since he survived the bloodbath anyways. When the gong rings, Greir is one of the first ones to get there. He grabs a single headed axe and runs a b line to the mountains. He's already out of sight, unlike most people, who are killing each other for simple supplies like sleeping bags and backpacks. Finally, he stops and catches his breath. He looks out in the distance and sees dead bodies being picked up by the hovercrafts, and then the gang rings, singling that the bloodbath has now been done. 

Days later, he comes to the realization that he didn't get anything else besides a weapon, and he starts to starve and die of dehydration. However, he's in luck since he receives a sponsor from someone containing a container of water. Despite him being very thirsty, he only drinks a little bit of it, knowing that he'll need to conserve supplies. The next day, things get very interesting. He runs into that kangaroo mutt he was talking about earlier. The thing almost crushes him but he manages to kill it with his axe. He later eats it raw. The next day is the day when he kills some people. 

When two tributes from Districts 3 and 7 come to fight him, they knock his axe out of his hand. I bet everyone thought that he was gone, but he's much stronger than him and strangles the two of them to death somehow with his bare hands. Much much later, around a week later, nothing happens much when it comes to Grier's activity. He's well stocked with supplies after killing that kangaroo and the two kids and has made a small camping place to stay. However, an idea pops in his head. You can tell by the look on his face. He starts making a fire while the Careers are also killing kangaroos invading their space. When they find them, there are only two of them left since the other Careers have either been trampled to death by the kangaroos or have died in the hand of another tribute. Greir kicks one of them in the fire, burning them to death, while he kills the other one with his axe. The victory horns blow, and his name is announced as the newest victor at the time. Then, the TV cuts to darkness. I guess its a good note to end this whole thing on, since tomorrow I'll also have to compete in the Games.