Chapter 1: Panther

Panther.

That's what the big, elegant, yet intimidating Sign said and looking up at it at this moment was making my nerves go up a heap. Panther is the company I started working at today. How I got this job, you say? Trust me when I tell you, I have no flipping Idea. I mean, I'm not an idiot, I honestly am good at what I do, I have many qualifications including some extra qualities that are a plus. However, there is one thing that trumps everything, My Lovely Social Anxiety. Man, I can not for the life of me talk to people. I lack what you would call ''Skills needed for Human Interaction'' and It's not like I can't talk to people at all, Oh no. It's more like, I can't talk under certain situations, you see, like an interview for example, for one of the biggest companies, which I happened to be looking at right now. So, as I said before, believe me, I have no Flipping Flopping idea how I landed this job.

Breathe

I need to BREATHE.

Breathing is good.

I walked into the building, my chest pumped out with full confidence, before turning around and walking right back out. Mind you, this is the fourth time I've done this and now the security guard is looking at me strangely. I sigh and huff before nodding to myself, Okay! I got this. This is the last time! I take another deep breath and walk in through the revolving doors, into the reception area, which was, in fact, the size of my whole house. The room was completely covered in white tiles and white walls with accents of black and that is saying something. I walk up to the front desk, feigning confidence as I smile at the person behind the Mahogany Desk.

''Good Morning, I'm Adam Fane. I'm the New Assistant for Mr Lorenzo Della Rovere.'' Yes, I'm working for The Rovere, The Lorenzo Della Rovere. This is why I found it hard to believe that I got the job, not to mention that this was not even the job I asked for! I applied for an office job in Accounts! Instead, they informed me I was to be THE Lorenzo Rovere's assistant. Maybe because Mr Rovere was not actually at the interviews, maybe that's why they hired me by mistake... I mean maybe he did see me and made a mistake himself... I mean he isn't superhuman, He makes mistakes... right? RIGHT?

Lorenzo Della Rovere, 32 years of age, President of The Panther. He is known not to have a C.E.O. working under him because he likes to handle everything himself, which includes everything. After all, The Panther works in... well, Everything. Many rumours and media sources say that the company and Mr Rovere are both involved in the Italian mafia as well as nobility.

''Ah! Yes. Mr Fane, please wait a moment, I will call Ms Evans to Guide you to the Office.'' Replied the Pretty brunette sitting behind the desk, she seemed tired. I let my mind wander, Ms Evans huh? Sounds quite Se-...xy... Uh-... My thoughts halt as I watch a seventy-something-year-old lady walk my way and introduce herself as Ms Evans... I mean, nothing wrong with that, I'm sure granny was pretty hot in her time! Right?

''Hello, Dearie! You're the New Secretary? Oh, My goodness, I'm glad it's a male. Are you gay honey? I hope not for your sake! I adore gays but honestly, they are no better than girls in this situation you see. Please, tell me you aren't gay! Are you?'' I blink as the old lady starts talking, she keeps going on and on before I can even wrap my head around her words... I mean, I'm not Gay but what does that have to do with anything and why is she talking so fast, oml I can't keep up!!

''Ms. Evans!'' The receptionist yells, making both Granny and myself Jump. We look at her and she glares at Ms Evans. ''Can stop scaring the poor guy and instead show him to the Office? Before he is late?'' Ms Evans stops and huffs, turning around with a grumble about 'Young people these days' and stomps to the elevator, making the receptionist face-palm and point at me to follow her. I run after her and get in the elevator after throwing the receptionist a helpless, yet grateful smile, which she returns. Also, what's with the hot name, it should be illegal for people above 70 to have the name Evans, also what's with the Ms?!? Not that I'm judging Granny, but I'm judging Granny.