16 - Ginny?

Harry, Ron, and yourself approach a corner, slowing to a stop as you peek around it. In the next hallway, the teachers crowd the wall, looking at red writing.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message." McGonagall says to the others, some of who are Snape and Pomfrey. "Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself. The students must be sent home......I’m afraid this is the end of Hogwarts."

As she finishes, Lockhart runs down the halls in a salmon suit, a cape the same shade of rose flowing behind him.

"So sorry, dozed off. What have I missed?" He asks, not noticing the wall. The other teachers look at him, appalled as you stare from around the corner. Snape glares at the man, shaking his head lightly.

"A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come, at last."

"M-my moment?" Gilderoy says, confused and concerned.

"Weren’t you saying just last night that you’ve known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" Snape asks, his eyes cold. Lockharts eyes are like a deer in headlights as McGonagall speaks.

"Well, that’s settled. We’ll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are a legend."

"Very well- ah- I’ll just be in my office getting, um getting ready." Lockhart rushes away, towards his classroom as the other teachers begin to walk away.

"Who is it the monster has taken, Minerva?" Madam Pomfrey asks, clasping her hands in front of her apron.

"Ginny Weasley." You gasp at this,  but Harry clamps a hand over your mouth. You slap it away as the teachers disappear, and Ron reads the blood written words on the stone.

"Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever.....Ginny...." You hear his voice crack, and you turn to the ginger. Tears climb from his eyes, and you wrap him in a hug.

"We'll find her, Ron. I promise." He sniffles as you pull back, but nods with courage. You take his hand, pulling him towards the Defense Against the Dark Arts room. "Lockhart may be useless, but he’s going to try and get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know."

*Time Skip*

The three of you walk into his office, the candles out and the only light being from the towering windows with the full moon shining through them. You turn at the sound of rustling, spotting Lockhart careening around the room.

"What are you doing?!" You exclaim, watching as he throws his possessions into suitcases. He sees you, fixing his hair and plastering a fake smile on his face. You see the nervous look in his eyes, and your jaw falls open.

"Urgent call- unavoidable- got to go."

"What about my sister?" Ron shouts as you all walk to Lockhart, who continues to pack.

"Well- I must say- when I took the job there was nothing in the job description about a…"

"Youre running away, after all that stuff you did in your books?" Harry asks, scowling at the teacher through messy black hair.

"Books can be misleading!"

"You wrote them!" Gilderoy stops in his tracks, slamming a book on his desk.

"My dear boy, do use your common sense! My books wouldn’t have sold half as well if people didn’t think I’d done all those things!"

"You fraud!" You shout, reaching for your snowy wand. "Youre nothing but a coward who takes credit for others accomplishments! Is there anything you can do?" You ask, feeling your incisors growing sharp. He looks into your glowing yellow eyes, and rolling his own blue one.

"Yes, now you mention it. I’m rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would have gone blabbing. And I’d never have sold another book. In fact, ah…I’m ah…going to have to do the same to you!"

"Dont even think about it!"

He draws his wand, but the three of you are steps ahead. The two boys take out their brown ones, and you stand between them with your white spiral wand pointed at Lockhart. He realizes he is outnumbered, and lowers his weapon.

*Time Skip*

"Who killed you, Myrtle?" You ask, having made your way to the restroom. She turns, her ghostly figure shining in the moonlight.

"Oh! It was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle. I’d hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in."

"Yes, yes, but who was it?"

"I don’t know. I was Distraught! Huhh-huh…But they said something funny, a kind of made up language. And I realized it was a boy speaking, so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away and… I died." You look to the three males behind you, the boys making sure Lockhart doesnt run away.

"Just like that? How?" Harry asks, looking to the dramatically frowning girl.

"I just remember seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes…over there, by that sink. Ohhhhooo…"

"This is it!" You say, looking over at the cylindrical sink collection. The nosel of the faucet has a small snake figure on it, and you grin. "This must be the enterance to the Chamber of Secrets."

"Say something to it! In Parseltongue!" Ron says, watching as you stare at the snake figurine.

"Uh...Hassa-sya....hassi...." As you finish, the sinks part from each other, revealing a circular hole in the group that the sinks surround. You look down into the abyss, seeing no bottom.

"Excellent work, (Y/N)!" Lockhart says, smiling falsely. "Well there's no longer need for me stay!"

You laugh venemously, grabbing the teachers collar and pulling him towards the hole.

"You first." He shakes his head, turning to you.

"Clearly you would want to test it first? A rock or something?" You roll your eyes, shoving him into the abyss. You hear a thump, and he groans.

"Its so filthy down here!" He says, disgust rolling off his tongue. You place your hands on your hips, smiling.

"Well, the rock lived. Whos next?" Harry shrugs, walking towards it with Ron.

"Oh, Harry?" Myrtle says, creeping closer to him. "If you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet." She giggles, and Harry nods uncomfortavly. He jumps quickly, Ron after him. You smile, allowing your wings to sprout from your back. The leathery objects carry you down the chasm, and you land gently on a pile of guck.

"Why didnt you just carry us?!" Gilderoy cries, brushing off his pink suit. You smirk, turning human once more.

"I wanted you to have a personal family reunion." You say, gesturing to the pile of trash beneath your feet. He scoffs, walking through the cave that you find yourself in. You all follow, searching the Chamber for Rons little sister.

After a short walk, you stumble upon a thin, crisp material that you step on, quickly pulling back. You look at the material, seeing it spans at least sixty feet.

"Ugh....its a snake skin." You say, looking at the shredded bits of what once was the Basilisk. Ron squirms at the thought, and Gilderoy takes this as an advantage. He grabs Rons broken wand, being Harry had taken his own from him.

"The adventure ends here, kids. But don’t fret. The world will know our story. How I was too late to save the girl. How you three tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body. So, you first, Miss (L/N). Say good-bye to your memories." He points the super glued wand at you, and you tense.

"Obliviate!"

Lockhart is blown backwards, hitting the wall of the cavern and causing it to rumble. You steady yourself as Ron goes over and picks up his broken wand, sticking it in his robe. You look at the strawberry blonde, who stares up at you with curious eyes.

"Ah, hello. Who are you?"

The Chamber Of Secrets//Draco X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें