10 - Voices

"Kill....kill.....time to kill......"

You wake in a cold sweat, having heard the inanimate voice in your dreams. Your arm aches, the worst of the pain already past and most of your bones regrown. You feel the heavy weight of something on your left arm, and you look down.

On top of your arm is the sleeping form of Draco Malfoy, wrapped in your star cloak as you are wrapped in your salmon blanket. On the ground, Ruby sleeps soundly, her chest rising and falling in time with Malfoys.

"How...when did he fall asleep there?" You ask yourself, speaking quietly as to not wake him. You shake your head, looking to the foot of your bed. You jump at the sight.

"Dobby?" You ask quietly, seeing the house elf standing on your bed. He frowns, his green eyes twinkling.

"(Y/N) should have listened to Dobby! (Y/N) should have went home with Harry after they missed the train." He says, not noticing the boy covered by your cloak. Thank god he's hidden.

"It was you… You stopped the barrier from letting the three of us get through!" You exclaim, remembering the car ride to Hogwarts with Harry and Ron.

"Indeed. Yes, ma'am."

"You nearly got us expelled!"

"At least you would be away from here. Harry Potter and (Y/N) (L/N) must go home! Dobby thought his Bludger would be enough to make Harry and (Y/N) see that---"

"That was your bludger! You sent that after my brother?" You ask, glaring at the disappointed elf.

"Uhuh… Dobby feels most aggrieved, ma'am. Dobby had to iron his hands." He holds up his already frail brown hands, wrapped in bandages as burns peak out from them.

"Oh Dobby...." You say, looking to his hands. You then grow angry, seeing as you had literally lost bones because of the elf. "You’d better clear off before my bones come back, Dobby, or I might strangle you!"

"Uh-huh-huh… Dobby is used to death threats. Dobby gets them five times a day at home." Though it makes you upset, you push on.

"I don’t suppose you could tell me why you’re trying to kill me?"

"Not kill you, miss, never kill you! Dobby remembers how it was before Harry and (Y/N) triumphed over He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. We house elves were treated like vermin, miss. Of course, Dobby is still treated like vermin…" He begins to weep, and you shake your head. You look at his sack cloth clothes, and you furrow your brow.

"This, ma'am? It is a mark of the house-elves’ enslavement. Dobby can only be freed if his master presents him with clothes. Ah! Listen. Listen! Terrible things are about to happen at Hogwarts. Harry and (Y/N) must not stay here, now that history is to repeat itself."

"When did this happen before? Who's doing it now?"

"Dobby cannot say, sir. Dobby only wants (L/N) and Potter to be safe!"

"No, Dobby tell me! Who is it?"

You hear rushed footsteps in the distance, and you quickly look to the stone archway. You then look at Dobby, who snaps his fingers and disappears in a flash of smoke. You fall back onto the bed next to Draco, taking the cloak off his head so he can breath easier.

"Put him here!" You listen to Madam Pomfrey speak, clearly another student has been brought in. "What happened?"

"Theres been another attack." The voice of Albus Dumbledore says, followed by McGonagall.

"I think- do ya know- I think he’s been Petrified, Madame Pomfrey. Look! Perhaps he managed to take a picture of his attacker…" You hear a 'poof' sound behind your back, clearly a camera breaking. Oh god......is it Collin? That boy carries his camera everywhere.....

"What can this mean, Albus?" Professor Minerva asks.

"It means....that our students are in danger."

"What would you have me tell the staff?"

"The truth. Tell them Hogwarts is no longer safe. It is as we feared, Minerva. The Chamber of Secrets has indeed been opened again." With that, you hear the footsteps trail away leaving the petrified boy, which as you turn you see is indeed Collin Creevy, to the room with you. Your eyebrows pull together as your maroon stained mouth hangs open, and you stare at the kid with concerned shock.

"Collin......"

*Time Skip*

The day after, you've recovered from your loss of bones. Draco left the hospital wing with yourself and Ruby, but you had to meet your group in the womens restroom. Malfoy said he'd take Ruby out too Hagrid, and you were enthralled to see the two reunited completely.

"Ron? Harry? Hermione?" You call as you walk into the restroom. The large sinks, which all circle each other to form a sort of pillar, sit on one side of the room. The stalls sit on the other, and in the space between stand your friends.

"We're in here. What did you want to tell us?" Hermione asks, standing next to Ron as he leans against the sinks. You explain what you'd heard the night before, and Hermiones eyes widen.

"Again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?"

"Of course." Ron says, as if its obvious. "Don’t you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he’s taught Draco how to do it." You bite your lip, realizing the possibility is there. No. Draco wouldnt do that. Hes good, you know it! Maybe just...really really deep down.

"Maybe. We’ll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." You say, defending him in the most subtle way possible. You hear Ron sigh, but you know its because he doesnt support your friendship with the blonde.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girl’s lavatory? Don’t you think we’ll get caught?" You laugh, shaking your head.

"No one comes in here." You say, fixing the part in your (h/c) hair in the mirror. Oh no! You are like Meredith! You quickly look away from the mirror, trying your best to not care how you look.

"Why?" Harry asks, looking to you as you shrug.

"Moaning Myrtle."

"Moaning Myrtle? Who?"

"I’m Moaning Myrtle!" You look towards the stalls, watching as the ghost of a girl floats from the top of one. Her old dress floats with her, her black hair in pigtails and glasses on her transparent face.

"I wouldn’t expect you to know me! Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle? Huh…aaaah!" She flies away, crying as always. You purse your lips, listening to her irritating scream. She is a bit dramatic.

"She's......sensitive."