13 - Heir of Slytherin

In the Slytherin common room, you sit on a green couch. Opposite you is a mimic of the couch, a coffee table in between the two furnishings. Crabbe and Goyle sit opposite you, clearly uncomfortable as they arent actually themselves.

Malfoy walks over, sitting next to you as he always does in front of the two, extremely close. He rests his head on your shoulder as he swings his legs onto the rest of the couch. He turns to the two boys, who stare at you in shock that you are so comfortable with this. Well, its normal for you, youre very close with Draco.

"You’d never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods, the way they behave. They’re an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them."

"Malfoy!" You say, glaring at him. He shrugs.

"Sorry, (Y/N), but youre the only other pure-blood I like." He looks over to a 'Crabbe' with clenched fists.

"Whats wrong with you, Crabbe?" He asks, Weasley shaking his head.

"Stomach ache." He says, his voice ringing with the slight tone of Rons voice, though he has lowered it to sound like Crabbe.

"You know, I’m surprised that the Daily Prophet hasn’t done a report on all these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore is trying to hush it all up. Father always said Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to this place."

"Draco!" You exclaim, pushing him from your shoulder. He widens his eyes, and you shake your head. "How could you say that?!" You ask, feeling your pupils slit. He looks down in shame, crossing his arms.

"I did say 'father', not myself." Harry and Ron widen their eyes, amazed Draco would apologize. Then again, Draco would never say that in front of the two boys if he knew who they really are. He has too much pride. You smile comfortingly, sitting back down next to him. He smiles gratefully, happy you accepted his apology.

He is good on the inside.

"Still....you cant convince me not to hate Potter." He says, to which you sigh. You knew it would take him quiet some time, but you still hope he will grow on your brother, who sits nervously across from you. "Saint Potter. And people actually think he is the heir of Slytherin?"

"Well than you must have some idea who it is!" 'Goyle' asks, to which Malfoy glares as he stands.

"You know I don’t Goyle. I told you yesterday! How many times do I have to tell you? But my father did say this: It’s been fifty years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn’t tell me who opened it-- only that they were expelled. The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died. So, it’s only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time. As for me, I hope it’s Granger." You punch Malfoy is the arm, and he sighs.

"Right, once again, I'm sorry for insulting your friend. Again, you cannot expect me to change my view on her, can you?" He asks, pleading. You shake your head, knowing you have no right to ask him to change his opinions. Everyone is entitled...

"What’s the matter with you two? You’re acting very…odd." Malfoy says, looking to the furious Crabbe and Goyle. You see the lightning scar appearing on Harrys head as he slowly transitions back to himself. Rons hair begins to turn ginger, and you spin Malfoy around so he wont see.

"Its just his stomach ache." You say, smiling sweetly at Malfoy.  He raises an eyebrow, and you quickly wrap him in a hug. You hold him tight, giving time for the transforming Ron and Harry to run away. "Thank you for being my friend again, Draco."

You pull back, seeing his pale cheeks tinted pink. You giggle, placing a kiss on his cheek as you leave to common room, walking back to the womens bathroom where Hermione is.

In no time, you make it back, seeing Ron and Harry returned to their bodies. They stand in front of a stall, where Moaning Myrtle laughs maliciously.

"Wait until you see! Its terrible!" She says, her high pitched voice resonating in the empty room. You knock on the stall door, hearing sniffles from your friend.

"Hermione?" You call, praying she opens the door.

"Do you remember me telling you that the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations? It was cat’s hair I plucked off Millicent Bulstrode’s robes. Look at my face!" She opens the door, and you gasp. Her entire head has become a cats head, lime green eyes staring back at you. A tail flits from her robe, and you bite your nails.

"Oh, Mione....." You say, calling her by her nickname. She shakes her head, trying to hide. Moaning Myrtle continues to laugh, and you rush to Hermione, pulling her into a tight hug as she cries.

*Time Skip*

After taking Mione to the hospital ward, you walk up the moving stairs with Ron and Harry. As you walk past the bathroom, you see water flowing from beneath the door.

"Whats this?" You ask, pushing open the door. Ron and Harry follow you in, and you watch as water pours from the sink as sobs are heard. You turn, seeing Myrtle crying as she floats near the stalls.

"Come to throw something else at me?" She asks, seeing the three of you enter. You raise an eyebrow, wondering what she meant.

"Why would I throw something at you?" You ask, looking up at the raven haired ghost. She shrugs, sniffling.

"Don’t ask me! Here I am, minding my own business, and someone thinks it’s funny to throw a book at me." She whimpers, her voice pitiful as always. Ron frowns, thinking hard.

"But, it can’t hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it’ll just go right through you." Myrtle grows furious at this, flying down to Ron at incredible speed and getting in his face.

"Sure! Let’s all throw books at Myrtle because she can’t feel it! Ten points if you get through her stomach! Fifty points if it goes through her head!" When she says the words, she punches through Rons stomach and head, and you shiver. That must fell odd.......

"But who threw it at you?" Harry asks, looking up at the girl.

"I don’t know, I didn’t see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend thinking about death - aah - and it fell through the top of my head." She goes back to weeping, and you look over at Harry and Ron. Who did it?