5 - Howler

"Just say it, Im doomed." Ron says, holding his head in his hands as you wait in the great hall for mail.

"Youre doomed." You say, knowing Mrs.Weasley is going to kill Ron for the car. You go to say something more, but a sudden flash blinds you momentarily. You blink until the light leaves, and you see a young boy with pale skin and Gryffindor robes standing over you with a camera.  His ccurly hair bounces with his excited body as he grins at you and your brother.

"Hi, (Y/N)! Hi, Harry! I'm Colin Creevy, I'm a Gryffindor!"

"Nice to meet you, Colin." You say, smiling politely at the hyperactive boy.

"Ron, is that your owl?" Dean Thomas says, looking up to the owl flying into the room. It swoops down, crashing into a bowl as Ron takes a red envelope from Erol.

"Birds a menace." Ron says, looking down at the note. You open your red lips slightly, giving Ron a comforting look.

"Ron, that's a howler." You say, noticing the ribbon tongue of the emvelope.

"Look everyone! Weasleys got a howler!" Dean shouts, to which many people laugh. Neville urges Ron to open it, saying its a bad idea not too. Ron does, opening it slowly as it flies from his hands. It gets in his face, the envelope moving like a mouth and the ribbon a tongue.

"RONALD WEASLEY!" Mrs.Weasleys voice roars from the letter, and you wince a bit. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTLEY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER’S NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, AND IT’S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE’LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! Oh, and Ginny, dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud! Thhhhbt!"

The card tears itself apart, and the entire dining hall is quiet. Ron seems to shrink into a ball, and you shake your head as you know you partially caused this.

*Time Skip*

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher… me!" The strawberry blonde man says, walking down the stairs of the classroom towards the desks, where you all stare up at him. Nearly every girl in the room is enthralled that he is the teacher, gazing at him admirably. The boys, as well as yourself, stare at him in disgust.

"Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-times winner of Witch Weekly’s Most-Charming-Smile Award- but I don’t talk about that. I didn’t get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him. Huh, huh, huh… hee, hee… Now- be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind."

You pay less and less attention to the man as you see Draco staring at you from the desk nearby. You throw occasional glances his way, but any time you make eye contact he glares at you. It hurts, but you are brought back to reality by Lockharts next words.

"You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might…provoke them!" Gilderoy rips a sheet off a cage, revealing the metal crate full of miniture blue critters, wings flapping behind their black eyes. They growl, rattling the cage angrily.

"Cornish pixies?" You ask, looking at the pointed eared fairies. Lockhart smiles proudly, placing his hands on the hips of his tan suit.

"Freshly caught Cornish Pixies! Pixies can be devilish tricky little blighters. Let’s see what you make of them, ha!" He suddenly opens the lock of the golden cage, and the pixies zip through the room, tearing at people hair and clothes. They destroy things in the room, and you quickly stand from your desk.

"Come on now- round them up, round them up, they’re only pixies!" Lockhart says, though he does nothing to assist. They animals grow more rampant, and one dives onto Malfoys head.

"Get it off me, get it off!" He shouts, to which you point your wand at the blue man on his head. "Rigescunt Indutae!" The animal freezes, falling off of Dracos head. You run to him, pulling him up.

"I didnt ask for your help, Dratheum!" He shouts, glaring at you. You shake your head, looking to Hermione and Harry who struggle with fairies themselves.

"Youre welcome!" You exclaim, rushing over to them and picking up a book as you smack a pixie away from Hermiones head. You look over at Gilderoy, who has done nothing so far. He raises his wand, attempting to cast a spell when a fairy grabs his wand and he runs away.

"I’ll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage!" He says, looking to Ron, Hermione, Harry, and yourself. You growl, taking the moonstone handle of your wand and casting the spiral stick into the air.

"Immobulous!"

At your spell, the entire room freezes, the pixies incapacitated. They float in the air, alongside Neville who is stuck on the chandelier. He looks down at you as you shake your head, quickly changing into your hybrid form and flying up to him.

"Why is it always me?" He asks as you take his cloak, setting him gently on the ground below. You go human once more, putting a hand on his shoudler as your claws change to nails once more.

"I dont know Neville. I really dont."