8 - Legend

You sit in class, you desk pkaced next to Draco. You still havd many classes together, but Dumbledore believes that you are under control enough to not be supervised by Draco. Which is a wonderful thing, due to the fact that he is still pissed at you. Any time you would smile warmly, he would give you a cold stare.

"Could I have your attention, please? Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so. One, two, three, Vera verto." McGonagall transforms a gorgeous dove into a crystal chalice, then turns to the class. "Now it’s your turn. Well, who would like to go first? Ah! Mr. Weasley. “One, two, three. Vera verto.”

Ron complies, looking to Scabbers on his desk. He flicks his wand three times, then repeats the words. Scabbers transforms halfway, becoming a fury cup with a tail instead of a handle. The class laughs, and McGonagall shakes her head.

"That wand needs replacing, Mister Weasley." She goes to continue teaching, but Hermione raises her hand. "Yes, Miss Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about…the Chamber of Secrets?" Minerva freezes at this, her already wide misty eyes growing wider. She sighs, her emerald robes swishing against the cold floor as she turns to the class.

"Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the five greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, Salazar Slytherin, and Meredith Dreatheum." She looks pointedly to you at the end, and you smile. "Now, four of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Four guesses who." Ron says from nearby, to which you shake your head.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, “pure-bloods.” Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin’s view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle borns." You say, looking to Hermione with pursed lips. The professor nods tautly, giving Hermione a reassuring smile.

"Well, naturally, the school had been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

"Professor? What exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" You ask, looking up to the professor as you hide your black journal, which once belonged to Meredith. You hide it from others, being it was private and had powerful spells.

"Well, the Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster."

You look down at your feet, seeing the silver clasps on your boots and focusing on them. A monster.....just like you.

*Time Skip*

You sit in the library, searching for who knows what. Hermione eventually sets a book in front of Harry, Ron, and yourself. Of course, some expect Malfoy to be the heir of Slytherin, but Hermione wants proof.

"Here it is. Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another.’"

"Do you mean, if Harry and I drink that stuff, we’ll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asks, looking up at a nodding Hermione.

"Wicked! Malfoy'll tell us anything!" Ron exclaims, though you look down at the page and frown.

"Exactly. But it’s tricky. I’ve never seen a more complicated potion." You say, scanning the instructions.

"Well, how long will it take to make?" Harry asks, looking at the fluffy haired girl beside you. She bites her lip, looking at the page in disappointment.

"About a month."

"A month? But, Hermione, if Malfoy is the Heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then." Harry says as you close your eyes, thinking of if Malfoy actually is attacking muggle borns. You sigh loudly, looking up at the three around you.

"Turns out its the only plan we've got."