your fault (part 2)

---keiths pov---

I watch as pidge runs to his body.

"Lance! This is a joke right!?" She asks. "Lance, wake up! Come on! This isn't funny" she begs

"Lance wake up!" She screams. She shakes his body roughly.

I should tell her to stop...

There's no point tying...

I can tell he's been dead for a few hours... Just by looking at him

"LANCE PLEASE! THIS ISNT FUNNY ANYMORE!" She screams helplessly.

She grabs his body and hugs it sobbing into his jacket.

I watch, tears pouring down my face.

I snap out of it and walk to her. I put a hand on her shoulder and she shrugs me off.

"He's not dead! He isn't! He's still alive! He just hasn't woken up! He can't be gone! Not like Matt! I can't lose them both!" She yells into his shoulder.

I wince and more tears push their way out of my eyes.

"Pidge..." I whisper.

"NO! LANCE ISNT DEAD. HE CANT BE! H- HE HE CANT BE!" She screams.

She's clinging to him to tight, like if she let's go reality will hit her...

I crouch down beside her, sobbing.

"Pidge you need to let him go. You know he's gone" I tell her quietly. Even saying the words is breaking my heart.

"No! No! He can't! You're lying! Don't like to me! Please..."

I take her fingers and pull them off his body one by one. I lift her off him as she struggles to stay beside him. She doesn't struggle as much as you'd think...

I lift her up as I stand and she clings to me, sobbing into my shoulder.

I sob into her shoulder too

We stand there crying together...

The love of my life and the guy who was like a big brother to her dead beside us...

Soon I can feel her snoring a little... She cried to much she fell asleep. It's better that way, she won't have to deal with anything else for a while. She might get some nightmares though, she's already restless.

I don't have the heart to put her down just yet so I sit on to Lance's bed with her in my arms and cry a little longer

I can hear the others coming now.... A little too late.

I remember what pidge told me in the common room before this happened.

It was their fault.

They made lance do this.

They killed him because he couldn't save me.

But I'm alive.

I can hear them outside the door.

"I can't believe he's late again"

"Pidge must be with him, she's always on time"

"He doesn't deserve to train with us, we should leave him. He's a murderer"

"We should, but pidge is there so if we get her we get both"

"Unfortunately"

I grind my teeth angrily. My whole body tenses and I ball up my fists and I lie pidge down on lances bed

How could they say things like that about lance!?

They all come round the door talking shit about lance.

Their eyes widen when I they see me.

"Keith!" They yell

"You're alive! how are you here? We though you had died!" Shiro asks, tearing up. He walks to me about to hug me but I don't want him near me

"Don't touch me!" I screech. "Don't you dare! You haven't even noticed him!" I scream.

They all look confused.

I point angrily to Lance's body in the floor, lying lifeless and grey in a pool of sickeningly red blood... Suddenly I don't want my jacket anymore.

They all gasp. Hunks face goes pale and tears gathering in his eyes.

It takes all of ten seconds for them to be crying. Like they didn't punish him for something he couldn't control. Like they deserve to.

"Don't you dare cry!" I scream. "You sick twisted bastards don't deserve to cry over him! You're not allowed to grieve!" I roar.

My anger builds and I just want to elt it out.

My whole body is coursing with anger and sadness and grief.

"YOU DID THIS! YOU BLAMED HIM! YOU BLAMED HIM AND I WAS EVEN DEAD! AND LOOK WHAT YOUVE CAUSED!"

my fists shake in anger and sadness. I'm just so angry

"HOW!? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HIM!? MAKE HIM BELIEVE HE KILLED ME! HOW COULD YOU HURT HIM SO BADLY OVER AND OVER THAT HE KILLED HIMSELF TO GET AWAY FROM YOU!? JUST HOW BADLY DID YOU HAVE TO DRILL IT INTO HIS HEAD!? JUST HOW BADLY DID YOU DUCK WITH HIS HEAD FOR HIM TO DO THIS!?"

They all look shocked.

"He let go of your hand! He dropped you!" Hunk defends.

"YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING? I LET GO OF HIS HAND. I DID. I MADE HIM LET GO" I didn't relise I could cry this much... I have never cried to hard in my whole life as I am right now.

"YOU KILLED HIM! YOURE ALL THE REASON HES DEAD! YOU DESTROYED HIM! EVEN YOU HUNK! HIS BEST FRIEND! JUST BECAUSE YOU COULDNT LEARN HOW TO GRIEVE LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE! PIDGE TRIED TO SAVE HIM BUT YOU PUSHED HIM BACK UNDER AND LET HIM DROWN! YOURE ALL MONSTERS!" I scream.

My throat hurts and my chest hurts. Everything hurts. Nothing is right. There's a hole left in my heart where lance should be. Did he feel like this? It's so sickeningly bad... I can't take it.

How could his family do this? They should have helped him! Not hurt him! They're monsters! Every single one of them!

They took someone's life away! Unlike what they did to lance, with no proof. I have proof.

My lance... He has no heart beat. It's their fault.

Every breath without him here hurts. A life without lance doesn't feel like a life. He should be here. Bugging me. Laughing. Making jokes. Lightening the mood....

Without him there is only anger and sadness and hurt.

"You're all monsters"

There ye gooooo a second part. I didn't know how to end it but I thought this was a good place to leave it. Funerals always ruin the sad in my view anyway! Hope you enjoyed!
-fox